Chapter 5

I snapped my head around to see a guy who I could definitely call a Greek God. His silky black hair curled around his ears which made me want to curl the locks around my fingers. His grey eyes shone bright in the morning sun. He wore a white tee shirt that hugged his definite muscular torso. It hugged his biceps in a sexy way. He also wore dark jeans that hung low on his hips.

That's when I realized what he had said. It made my blood boil. Who does he think he is? He cannot just claim someone as if they are an inanimate object.

"I belong to no one, and I won't ever belong to anyone," I said through clenched teeth. He looked taken aback at my ferocity, but then smirked and just walked off, but not before brushing his fingertips across my cheek. I will admit, shivers covered me. They weren't the bad kind either.

I shook off the breathtaking reminder of him and my impossibly strong attraction to him, and I walked to the front office.

When I reached the front desk, a young woman, about in her early thirties smiled up at me. My mood instantly lightened when I saw her smiling.

"Name please?" She questioned while still smiling.

"Kat Howell," I answered with a smile.

"Here you go. Have a good day, sweetie," she handed me my schedule and turned back to her computer.

As I walked I could feel stares on me which made my blood boil. Instead of letting my anger get the best of me, I took a deep breath and ignored them. Instead of paying attention to them, I payed attention to my schedule.

* Chemistry
* English
* History
* P.E.
* Geometry
* Biology
* Music

I took a long look at my schedule, memorizing it, and.... BAM!

I ran straight into a wall. I looked up and realized it was not a wall at all. Instead it was that Greek God from earlier.

I felt myself flush immensely from his intense stare. I quickly looked away and pushed myself up off of the floor, mad at myself for letting myself get all crazy over some guy. I was about to walk around him when his arm snakes around my waist to stop me from moving.

I tried moving his arm but it was like moving an elephant. It wouldn't budge from around my stomach. When I looked up at him to tell him to place his hands elsewhere, I soon realized it was a mistake.

The look in his eye was making me heat up and my insides melted preventing speech. He looked at me with so much adoration which should be impossible because he just met me. Besides how could anyone like me? I was a nobody and always kept to myself. But that look in his eyes told me he did adore me which I did not understand one bit.

"I'm Brett Collins," he said so close to me I could smell his woodsy smell which intoxicated me. I wanted so badly to push him away from me, but something inside me told me I belonged right where I was.

"Kat Howell," my voice was husky which made him visibly shiver. I didn't realize we were leaning close to each other until the bell rang and knocked me out of my hypnotic state.

I quickly slipped out of his warm embrace and ran to my first class.

What just happened?