Chapter 10

I could feel the dew from the grass under my fingertips as I collected dirt samples. Our class had been told that we were going to look at the different samples of dirt for something that was no doubt stupid. I remember the looks on the boys faces when the teacher said that we were going to go outside. For some reason they had been wanting to go outside all day today. I brushed it off and kept digging through the dirt thinking about the guys' reaction when the teacher said that we would be digging in the dirt.

Shaking my head in amusement, I turned to see if the boys were having trouble but saw that I could see no one. It was due to the fact that I was surrounded by trees and bushes. I sighed and turned back to collecting samples.

When I was on my third sample, my mind wandered back to Brett. I remember his face when he saw me fight; the sexiness of his hair and how quickly it slight curls pulled to me. Suddenly I heard a loud growl.

I quickly jump up as I frantically look around to see where the noise came from. To my right, there were bushes that were shaking rapidly. I inched towards it only to find a little squirrel trapped in the briars. Quickly I snapped stems around his little body, and I reached in to pull the poor thing out.

As soon as I pulled him out, he didn't hesitate to jump out of my hands. When he did that, he scurried away as if he were scared.

Suddenly I was slammed against a tree. I whimpered when I tried to sit up because I had pain running up my arm. Everytime I moved, pain shot from my arm to my neck. Suddenly realizing that I am not alone, I shoot to my feet. When I look at who, more like what, threw me, it shocks me to the point where I can't feel the pain.

A few feet awath from me, sat the biggest wolf I have ever seen. It stands as tall as my chest and has a golden coat. I know that they say it is just an exaggeration, but I was frozen by fear. I wanted to scream, but my mouth would not move. The feeling I hate most is helplessness, and at that point, I felt helpless.

As soon as the thing started to come closer to me, I closed my eyes and waited for the pain.

*****

Brett's P.O.V

Mate's in trouble!!!

I heard the words my wolf, Alex, yelled at me, and my body automatically maneuvers in the direction I saw her go in. Through our bond, I felt her heart beating fast and hard. I could feel her fear.

As I got closer I could also feel her pain. It angered me that anyone made her hurt.

The rage grew when I reached the clearing that she was in. The sight enraged me so much.

Kat was standing with her eyes closed and huddled against thus tree in fear. Across from her was Kailey, the pack slut.

When Kailey looked up and saw me, she froze. Apparently she saw the anger in my eyes because she backed away from me.

Kat realized that she was not about to get hurt because she looked up. When she looked up, her eyes locked with mine. Her face filled with relief. My wolf howled in joy at the idea that she felt safe with us.

I wanted to wrap her up and keep her safe forever. Just then I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Kailey was steadily backing away from me. My anger flooded back with vengeance.

Without thinking I shifted and I pounced on her. I grabbed her neck between my jaws. She tried to wiggle out of my grip, but I growled and squeezed harder on her neck.

Through the mind link, we talked.

Do not ever come near this territory again. You are no longer part of my pack, and you are considered a rogue. Do not come near my pack and especially my mate. Do you understand?

Alpha please....

NO!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!?!

Yes, Alpha.

She whimpered and I released her from my grip. She quickly scampered away from me.

I sighed and turned to Kat, but I remembered I shifted in front of her. I sighed again because I would have to explain, which would take forever.

Oh well. She needed to know sooner or later.

I agreed with Alex on that one because it was true. If our mating bond is going to last she would need to know about it first. Even if she has to know about me being a werewolf.

No matter what thoughts were running through my head, I somehow knew it was going to be ok.

*****

Kat's P.O.V

The only thought running through my head was, "What the hell just happened????"