13: Making Decisions

Sitting on the bed, I clenched onto the duvets tightly as I mulled over the series of events which happened.

And it was all because of me and my partying self.

What Roderick was seeking was the truth if I was Gigi. Maybe, if I pack up and leave this place for good, I would be able to leave behind my past.

I was weak. But I wasn't that senseless enough not to know when to take a step back from the board of chess game that I was involved in the first place.

In this game, I was just a pawn between Roderick and Chase. And to get out of here, the only way was to leave.

Yet, a part of me told me that Chase was able to protect me and I should rely on him to be protected.

But I just can't drag him down in the mess I had created. I can't do that, not when my feelings for him have grown.

I don't want to see him getting hurt. I just want him to be happy.

+++

Folding my arms, I waited for him to fetch me outside the mall.

I had just bought him new sets of white shirts and boxers since I have been using his items in the first place.

So, it was more like a repayment?

Besides, it was also to get him to bring me out so that I could spend the remaining day with him before I leave.

I had already booked a plane ticket to Italy which was going to depart at midnight.

A car pulled up by the curb as Chase climbed out of the car and offered me a warm smile.

"Done shopping?" He asked while I nodded, watching as he slipped into the car.

Walking towards the car, I slipped in moments after and pushed the shopping bag to him.

"What is this?" He asked with a raised brow as he fumbled through the items in the bag.

Clutching onto the remaining shopping bags in my hands, I looked down with blush creeping up to my cheeks when he chuckled in response.

I looked like his wife for getting him what he needed to wear at home. Seriously, what impression was I trying to leave on the last day with him?

I could have been more creative though.

He tilted my chin to face him with his eyes softening. "Hey, hey. You don't have to blush for getting me these things," He paused before smirking at me.

"Besides, having a wife material girlfriend by my side isn't that bad." He shrugged which earned a punch from me which failed terribly.

"God damn you, Chase. A 'thank you' would have been fine, instead of your smart ass remarks." I huffed, cheeks becoming a darker shade of red when he mentioned girlfriend.

"And who is your girlfriend in the first place?" I added, narrowing my eyes into slits.

His cocky smirk stayed in place as he leaned forward while I, on autopilot, leaned backwards in response.

"We slept together on the same bed, kissed, hugged and did everything that a normal couple would have done. How does that not make you my girlfriend?"

"Besides, you can't deny our relationship when I made it clear to that son of a b*tch that you are mine." He added with a look of triumphant spread across his handsome face.

"But you never made it official, so that doesn't counts." I shrugged it off effortlessly and pushed him back to his seat.

He tapped his jaws, fingers brushing past his stubbles with a look as though he was thinking. "Fine, I will make this official then." He simply replied, looking towards me with a smirk.

"You can't do-" I was cut off with his lips claiming mine as one of his hands stayed on the back of my neck while the other rested on my waist.

He sucked, nipped and bit my lips until they were swollen before tangling our tongues together, sending delightful shivers down my spine.

I responded, tilting my head to the side to deepen the kiss while my hands clung onto his wife beater as though he was my lifeline.

If only I had a choice, I would choose to stay by his side as his official girlfriend. But I can't jeopardize his safety by being with him.

Roderick would eventually catch up with us and force me to be with him.

I can't do this to him, not when I have fallen in love with this jerk.

+++

Vote. Comment. Share.

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

Yehet, this is definitely my favorite chapter ;) comment what you think about this chapter!

20th September 2016