zero: beach week

it wasn't entirely lennon's fault.

beach week was a seven day venture consisting of severe intoxication by cheap alcohol, late night drunken thoughts, skinny dipping, limited housing, shameless one night stands, and a plethora of white sand in unspeakable places. the only thing lennon was really interested in was the free liquor, but her best friend olivia had other plans.

with bethany beach as the venue this year, hookups were being set up through tinder, an app lennon never really understood the purpose for until it all happened. during the season of the shining sun, more than eighty percent of the residents in bethany beach were sex-deprived, hormone-crazed college students. tinder had never gotten more downloads and matches in the span of twenty-four golden hours.

for lennon, it all started when olivia created a profile on her behalf without her permission.

"come on, you really need to get out more!" olivia argued, lennon's phone sitting in the palm of her hands. "and what better way than this? there are no strings whatsoever!"

"i don't think this really is for me." lennon sighed.

"you're no fun." olivia frowned, her chocolate brown eyes riddled with utter disappointment. "but look! you've already gotten likes in the past hour. you're gonna be thanking me later, lennon."

"what? let me see."

lennon leaned over and snatched her phone back from olivia with only one goal in mind. as she was desperately trying to delete her account, her finger slipped and she did the unthinkable.

she swiped right on noah lyons.

☼☼☼☼☼☼

*from here on out, this story will consist of mainly dialogue and/or texts.

*lowercase is intended in this case.

ENJOY

©calligraphics