SIXTEEN

Posted: 2013
UPDATED on: 7/23/15
Recently EDITED: Nov. 2020

⚠️ AUTHOR'S NOTE ⚠️

WARNING:
This is an Unedited Rough Draft!!!
I originally wrote this 9+ years ago back in high school, so it won't be the best...

DON'T forget to VOTE & COMMENT please!!!!!!

*****************
MEDIA

Pic: a cartoon version of BAILEE

^^^that smug look, tho! ;)

***************
~ | **-**-**- ( R ) -**-**-** | ~

Chapter SIXTEEN

"The entrance should be somewhere...in that direction. ... Roughly..." Rickie vaguely indicated somewhere off to his right.

"Uh, Rick. Can you be a bit more specific than that?" I asked. "Double check everything, make sure you're right."

Elaina turned to Jane next to her. "Remind me not to be stranded in a maze with him."

Jane scoffed. "Gladly."

"Fine. It's thirty yards over towards that weird rock outcropp-y thingy." Rickie grumbled, attempting to explain further. His brows were furrowed in half concentration, half annoyance. He looked so funny.

"Awww," Jane mock-cooed, using her impeccable baby voice. "It gonna be otay Rickie-Wickie.. It otay to be diwectonawwy chawenged." Jane giggled at her own joke.

"Oh shut up and start walkin'!" He growled as he trudged onward. We continued on once again, and Jane and El giggled conspirationally together at the rear. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do about those two.

We walked up to a big boulder sticking out in a funny, abnormal angle. As if someone had put it there for a reason.

"Wow. Could they have made it even MORE obvious as to where they hid their secret entrances?" El shook her head in sad disappointment. "And they claim they're so good..."

"Yeah sure. 'So good' my left kneecap," Rickie rolled his eyes. He began patting down the rock formation like an airport TSA agent might, searching for some sort of entry point or secret switch hidden in the rock. "Jaxie, do you have any helpful advice on how to find hidden switches?" He spoke aloud to Jax via his ear comm.

"I told you not to call me that; adding "ie" to a person's name is only reserved for Jane." He threatened mildly. Letting out one big chuckle, he continued on to the business at hand. "Okay, do you see anything out of place? Does anything look like it can be pressed or rotated?"