CHAPTER 24

Bentley come into my office.’

‘Yes sir?’

‘Have you sorted the permits and inoculation papers for Lyndon’s puppy?’

‘Yes sir,’ Bentley smiled.  ‘Charlie is ready for his international trip.’

‘Okay good,’ Brad grinned.  ‘Don’t say a word to my wife.  She is not to know Charlie is going with.’

‘But Mr. Blakely, she’s bound to see Charlie when we get to the estate we’ve hired in Sydney.’

‘Give me time to work on my wife Bentley.  Give me time,’ Brad winked.

‘Yes sir,’ Bentley pursed his lips.  He knew his boss was in for a battle if he was asking for time. Chances were Mrs. Blakely was not going to permit them to take the dog on the trip. 

‘You know there’s no way Lyndon is going to leave Charlie behind for fourteen days,’ Brad shook his head resignedly.

‘Charlie aside, we’re ready for our trip tomorrow sir.’

‘Good.  Thank you Bentley,’ Brad dismissed him.

‘Sir?’

‘Yes?’ Brad looked up again.

‘Can we---do you think we could have an extra day in Sydney?’

Brad stared at his P.A.  He’d never known Bentley to stutter and stammer about.

‘Whatever for Bentley?  We are on a very tight schedule.’

‘I’d like us to have a
day off there sir.’

‘You better have a good reason Bentley.  It means rescheduling our itinerary for the entire two weeks.’

‘All taken care of sir,’ Bentley smiled.

‘You knew I’d agree?’

‘I was hopeful.’

‘Best you get out of my office and inform everybody concerned of your change to our schedule.’

‘Thank you sir,’ Bentley exited.

‘Momma can I take all my story books please?’

‘Not all of them sweetheart,’ Tessa looked at the ton of books in Lyndon’s arms.

‘But I like all of them momma.’

‘Lyndon,’ Tessa stopped packing Lyndon’s luggage.  ‘I want you to choose five books okay,’ Tessa raised up her one hand demonstratively.

‘Okay,’ Lyndon sulked.

‘We will buy more if you finish reading all of them.’

Lyndon’s eye s lit up, ‘thank you momma.’

‘You need help with your packing?’

‘What?’ Keri pivoted her chair around.

‘I asked if I must help you pack.  Fourteen days requires a lot of packing.’

‘No thank you Bentley.  I packed last night,’ she dragged her eyes away from his teasing eyes.

Pity.  I would have loved to pack your lingerie. 
A smile lingered on his face.

‘What’s that wolfish grin on your face for?  He swivelled back on his chair.  His expensive Italian suit covered the expanse of his broad shoulders.

‘Have dinner with me tonight Keri,’ Bentley stood up.

‘No---.  We’re leaving tomorrow. I ---have things to do.’