Chapter Eighteen: Unedited

"I won't hurt you again, I promise" Sam said roughly, his voice hoarse from crying. "I know" My voice sounded off, and I wondered if he could tell I was lying. "Allie, I promis to never touch you again. I'll never lay a finger on you, or even yell at you." He whispered, nuzzleing into my neck and taking deep breaths like my scent calmed him.

"Maybe a little touching.." I giggled. Looking over at him, I stared into his beautiful green eyes that where brighter than lights on a Christmas tree. Thinking for a moment, I relized Sam was the Alpha and Omega of my life. The beggining and end of my story. "Oh really? Only a little?" He laughed, crawling ontop of me and gently pinning my arms to my side. and kissing my lips.

Laughing, I kissed him back. It was a sweet, soft, romantic, kiss. But my laughing ruined it. "I want to marry you" Sam admitted, rolling off and propping himself up on his elbow. "We're 17, Sam. I want to see the world before I get married" Sighing, I rolled onto my back and stared at the white ceiling. "I can show you the world Allie. More than you'd ever know existed," He said, resting his hand on my stomach.

"I need you, Kitten. And i'm willing to do anything to have you with me". His voice was back to it's strong, intimidating, masculine tone that I had grown fond of but a slight sadness still crept up at the end before being pushed down. "My parents, they didn't have good of a marridge as I'd wished they did. I didn't have the best role modles" I admitted to him, feeling the walls i'd build start tumbling down.

"I'm pretty sure we aren't like your parents" Sam laughed, rubbing his face and moving closer to me. Just talking was great "Does my height intimidate you?" He finally asked. Erupting into a burst of laughter, I felt my cheeks start to burn and my stomach ache from the effort. "Where..where did that come from?" I laughed, moving closer to him and rubbing my head on his chest, getting comfy.

"A little girl told me I was to tall, and I looked like the giant from Jack and The Beanstalk on my way here" He grumbled, wrapping his arms around me. "It use to. But when we get married, you can change lightbulbs without a ladder" I giggled, closing my eyes and letting his chuckles fill the room. "That I can. Go to sleep sweet heart, i'll be here all night" He whispered, kissing my head and clearing his throat, shifting for a few seconds before laying still and letting his feet hang off the end of the bed being as it was to small for him.

~~~
"Al, hey" A familar voice said, and I felt cold hands wrap around mine. They where ice cold, and it stung slightly to touch them. "Alllie, it's me. Ian" The voice said and I snapped my eyes open, yanking my hand back and whimpering slightly. Sam growled in response, but didn't wake up. He just held me tighter. "We can't talk here. I need you to follow me, alright?" Ian asked.

I squinted in the darkness trying to see him, but they took to long to adjust. "Alright" I agreed (Rather stupidly. Hey, Allie, go follow your dead brother). Slipping out of Sams grip, I stood up and slowly stood up. "Get on my back and close your eyes" Ian commanded, and I felt his hands on mine. "Sam won't like it Ian, can he come?"

"No!" Ian hissed, turning around and pulling me onto his back. "Ian, why are you alive?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck before he jumped out the window. The air was knocked out of me before I could scream as trees passed us. He was running into the woods.

I coulden't speak, the wind was drying my lips and whipping my hair. My body was freezing, and Ians cold body was not helping. Why was he so cold? He use to be so warm and comforting, now it almost stung to be so close to him after being snuggled against Sams' extremley warm chest. The thin sleep pants and Rolling Stone t-shirt was not helping.

Finally we made it to a clearing, and I was swiftly set down. "Ian, why are you alive?" I whimpred, stepping away from him. "It's not important, Allie. You need to stay away from Sam" He warned. His brown hair was pushed away from his face, and his skin had a pale tint to it. His blue button up shirts collar was popped, and his black leather jacket looked expensive. "No" I said angrily, stepping into some mud as I walked farther away from him.

"I love you so much Al. I've been watching you, I saw you at that art show in Marblehead. That painting of the tree with the fall leaves was beautiful" He said. A million questions raced through my head, all leading to the one question he refused to answer. "Why should I stay away from Sam? How are you alive?" I whispered, letting the shuddery breath escape my lips.

"Sam is a monster. Leave him, come with me" Ian begged, pulling me to him. "Ian, why?" I said quietly, pushing him away "Check his bandage. On his arm. Check it" He urged, pushing his hands through his hair and pulling it. "He's a monster!" Ian screamed, crouching down and letting a few sobs escape "Ian, you're scaring me".

"I scare you? Not the giant?" He laughed cruely, standing up and walking torward me. "Ian, stop. Take me back." I said, the tears threatning to spill. "I'm sorry Al, I just want to take you away from him" Ian admitted, pulling me to him and into a hug. "Ian, I want to go home" I cried, missing Sam more than ever.

Why was Ian acting this crazy? It was like he'd lived in a box with only himself to talk to for the last 4 years. "Allie, please, come with me. You can't go with him" Ian pleaded, pushing me away from him and shaking his head. "You know she will, she loves him. Tell her to check the bandages" Ian said in a lower voice, before throwing his head back "She will still love him" He said in his normal voice.

He had a discussion with himself and the lower voice, all revolving about checking the bandages and how Ian should take me away. It was scary, frightning, to see my brother acting like that. He looked exactly the same maybe a few pounds lighter, but still like the 17 year old version of himself.

"We could kidnap her, the boys would enjoy having her around" The deeper voice said, before Ian punched himself in the face. "No! She's my baby sister!" Ian screamed. By now I was crying, begging Sam to wake up and chase after me. "He'll never get to you. We put a spell on him" The deeper voice said. "I'll take you home Allie" Ian said, and in a second I was on his back as he ran to Rubys' house.

What was the deal with Sam and the bandages on his arm? What did it matter, it was a scratch that he inflicted apon himself in anger for hurting me. It was kind of romantic in a Romeo Juliet kind of way.

In a few seconds we where in my room, where Sam was snoring and cuddling my pillow. Ian set me down and I walked over to Sam, resting my hand on his cheek and running my thumb over it, calming my nerves. "The bandages" Ian reminded me, and I heard a woosh of wind and the thump as my window slammed shut.

Gulping, I sat down on my bed and pushed Sams sleeve up, running my hand over the blood stained gauze and gulping heavely. "Allie? What..why are you muddy?" Sam asked groggily, sitting up and reaching for my arm "I need to check" I told him, pushing his hand away as I began to unwrap the bloody mesh. It was dry, but I still got a red tint on my fingers as I unwrapped.

A normal cut that was as bad as his would have taken a week to heal. His, was completly unblemished only replaced by dried blood. "Sam.." I shuddered, pushing away from him and to the ground. "Allie" Sam said, jumping out of bed and running over. "Don't touch me" I yelled, pushing him away and crying "Ian..he told me to check." I sobbed, letting him rub my back.

"I should explain.." He whispered, but I felt the crying taking a toll on my stomach, and I rushed to the bathroom barley making it as the contentes emptied. "How?" I sobbed, as he rubbed my back and kissed my neck. "He..said..to check. How did he know?" I sobbed, crying and flushing the toilet.

"I love you" He whispered, sitting down and rubbing my back. "Explain" I continued sobbing. "I love you so much, don't leave me" He whispered again, kissing my neck. Lifting me up, he carried me back to my bed. Sitting down in my white desk chair, he wheeled it over and held my hands, looking like he was going to tell me something that would make a big impact on my life.

"Is it drugs?" I asked, crying. "Allie, i'm a.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger? LOL! I want.. 15 responses to this question before I continue on. I'm screaming so loud and my brother and his friends are staring at me like i'm crazy!

..crazy in love with Sam.

Okay! So question;

?: What do YOU think of Ian and the double personality?

I added it because just Ian would be so cliché.