Chapter 4 - "I would look terrible with facial hair."

Amelia's mouth dropped into a frown as she neared the Juilliard drum room. The clashing of cymbals spilled out of the open doorway. Looking in, the frown turned into an annoyed slash. Reynolds was crowded by five girls, watching as he showed off, his lips a cocky smirk.

"Alright, out!" Amelia shouted.

Reynolds stopped playing and looked up.

"Is it hard for you to listen to someone play the drums better than you?" Reynolds asked, grinning.

Amelia didn't bother with her sarcastic response of 'oh Reynolds how did you know', knowing it would go over his head.

"I'm tutoring. I need all of you to leave," she said.

She started to shoo the girls with her hands, ignoring their glares. Reynolds sauntered out from behind the drums and joined the girls, the swing in his step joyfully pompous.

"Come on ladies, I believe we have better places to be," Reynolds said.

Amelia pulled out her phone and leaned against a desk, waiting for her students to arrive. As they slowly trickled in, Amelia found out their needs and sent them to drum sets. Everyone was settled when one last person slipped in. She froze when she came face to face with Sebastian. A large man, in all black, stood just past his shoulder. Amelia hadn't planned on seeing him until the next day for their second writing session.

"Hi, can I help you?" Amelia asked, hiding her surprise.

"I'm here to learn how to play the drums," Sebastian said, evenly.

"So you came here?" she asked.

He nodded.

"Instead of hiring some professional to come to your apartment and teach you there? In the comfort and privacy of your own home?" she said, slowly, like she was trying to puzzle out what he was saying.

"Is there a problem?"

"No...its just, you came here to learn?" Amelia asked, as if she wasn't getting the joke.

"I have my reasons."

Amelia shrugged, pushing away her confusion.

"Alright, would you like me to find you a professor?" she asked. "Professor Mathews is an excellent teacher."

"You will be acceptable," Sebastian said, his voice sounded military, it was so level.

"Alright then. If your...uh..."

Amelia looked to the large man behind Sebastian.

"Bodyguard, Jones," Sebastian said.

"If Jones wants to take a seat by the desk, you can take one of the drum sets. Do you know how an electric drum set works?"

A confused crease between his eyebrows was all the response she needed.

"Okay, follow me."

She directed him to an empty drum set. He sat awkwardly, his body unfamiliar with the setup.

"Okay, so it's already on. You wear these," she said, holding out headphones. "You'll be able to hear the drums."

He slid on the headphones and she tapped one of the rubbery cymbals. He nodded. Amelia went over the basics of drumming. She left him with a simple exercise while she went around to the remaining students.

Amelia was helping a freshman named Collins when there was a shriek. At the door was a group of girls, their eyes glued on Sebastian. Sebastian's head snapped up at the sound, his eyes going wide with surprise. Amelia rushed to the door before Jones could even move.