Chapter 33 - "Say something."

Amelia pushed the apartment door open and moved over to the couch, tumbling over the back of it. She stayed there pondering the ceiling for a long moment, the tornado of thoughts spinning through her head overwhelming her. Charlie looked at her with a surprised expression.

"Aims, you're home," he said.

"Good to know that you are aware of the world once you look at it," Amelia said.

"When did you get back?"

"About a minute ago. Where's Natalie, I half expected her to be here?"

"She was having dinner with her parents tonight. How was rehearsal?"

"Good."

No more words needed for the moment, Charlie fell back into writing, the tapping of the keys pushing away a slice of the silence. Eyes closed, Amelia waged a battle in her head, one side pushing her to move and do the homework. The other side stubbornly enjoying the comfort of the couch. A small buzzing eventually put her into motion. She dug her phone from her pocket.

"Hello?" she said, tiredly.

"Aims, are you okay?" Sebastian asked.

Amelia's eyes flew open and her mind was suddenly awake.

"Hey! Yeah. I'm fine. A little tired, but fine. Hey,"

She hit her forehead with her hand and groaned inwardly. Sebastian's laugh was small with an amusement.

"Hey," he said, the word sounding slightly mocking.

"So why'd you call?" Amelia said, in control of her words again.

"It's been the first free moment I've had lately and its been awhile since I've heard your voice. Since I can't drive across the city in ten minutes, I decided I would have to settle for a phone call instead."

"A week is defined as awhile to you? Good to know."

"Well I thought a day later was awhile, but I wasn't even able to find two minutes to pull together to call you. Besides you're worth more than just a minute call here and there."

Amelia got a floating feeling in her chest.

"Good to know. So what meeting or event are you avoiding by calling me?" Amelia asked.

"My photographer was delayed for half an hour. So now I am sitting in a chair with people storming around me and nothing but the night sky over head."

"How very artistic of you. Where's your photo shoot taking place?"

"I'm on top of some building in Brooklyn. We wanted the city sky line to be behind me."

"Are you cold?" Amelia asked.

"I would be but I'm in a jacket designed for someone climbing the Himalayas, so instead I feel like I'm in an easy bake oven."

"At least you're not cold. What do you have planned next?"

A deep sigh rattled through the phone, and a faint voice called out to Sebastian asking him to please not touch his hair. A smile spread wide across Amelia's face.

"All next week are the final preparations for the tour and a few more rehearsals," Sebastian said. "Then I leave Tuesday for the West Coast where I will travel doing radio and TV interviews promoting the album. Then end up in LA for the release party."

"Sounds like a lot. Do you get a moment to breath at all in there?"

"Yes, if all goes according to plan I should have two days off before I leave Tuesday. If you weren't constantly wrapped up in rehearsals I would stop by. But I know you're almost just as busy. Who knows maybe I'll drop by to see how rehearsal with Danny is going. Or come by Juilliard, Monday?"