XXIV

{Taehyung's POV}

"Well Jungkook, since you don't really understand me, I brought the notebook. We can continue to write, and we'll work on your speaking tomorrow." I smiled at him and he nodded his head. We were sitting next to each other on the couch wrapped in one big blanket. The only light came from a small lamp on the nightstand beside us.

'Will you tell me what's wrong now?' Jungkook wrote first. A nervous feeling raced through my chest. He's not being as cold as before, but I still wish he knew who I was. What do I tell him. I guess he could tell I was struggling, so he started writing again.

'Are you sad that I lost my memory?' Haha, sad would be an understatement. "Yeah." I say. I know he knows what that means and it's easier than writing. 'Who were you to me, hyung?' I wish I knew myself. I mean, I think he loved me, but I wasn't entirely sure to what extent. I take the notebook from him and start writing.

'We started out as strangers that went to the same school. I messaged you first and you grew a liking to me. I developed some feelings for you, but was too much of a coward to tell you. I waited a couple months, but you had already found somebody else. I said some things that weren't right out of anger, and I'm pretty sure you hated me before the accident.'

Jungkook read it and I watched his eyebrows furrow together and his eyes shut. He almost looked like he was in pain. "Jungkook?" I asked and set a hand on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and feverishly began writing a response.

'I had a dream that woke me up about a boy I went to a coffee shop with and we wrote things on napkins all day because I was deaf. I couldn't see his face. It was a blur to me, but I want to know him so bad. That's why I'm awake right now. I mean maybe it was just a dream, but it felt like I had experienced that before.'

I smiled as I read the paper. I remember that day. The day Jungkook became the best thing that happened to me.

'That was me. I remember that day like it was yesterday. We had so much fun together.'

Jungkook's eyes widened as he stared at the notebook. He looked at me and stood up from the couch. He started stuttering something he didn't know what to say and walked towards his room. "Jungkook!" I called after him. He turned away from me and kept walking, but I caught his wrist. He tried so hard to get away from me, so I did the only thing I knew how to do with him.

I pulled him into a back hug.

He fought me so hard and was all tensed up, but it's like a light went on in his head and he leaned back into my chest. I kept him there for a few minutes before letting go. He just turned and looked at me with tears in his eyes. Before I could say anything he turned into his room and closed the door.

~~~