o n e:✔

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to XSimply-BernieX for her support on my other book, My Sick New Year's Eve. Thank you!

The cover above is made by kimberly_taylor. Thank you so much, dear!

Okay, enjoy reading :)

______

One:

I climbed on my bed and rested my back on the large pillow, making myself as comfy as I could. Today's school day had been nothing but an endless trail of boredom. Same old classes, same old teachers and, much to my dismay, same old noise filling the hallways during the five-minute break between periods.

Nevertheless, I still felt tired and all I wanted to do was crawl under a blanket and spend the rest of the day doing nothing.

Well, not exactly nothing, but Wattpading - as I liked to call my favorite activity.

I'd found this reading app called Wattpad about a year before, and I couldn't let it go ever since. I'd been obsessed with it. That's the most accurate way to put it. The universes of books on Wattpad had caught me into their charms of beautiful worlds and now I was lost within them. But I didn't regret it. Gosh, no.

And since I was a nerd with, quite literally, no real social life whatsoever, I'd even tried to create my own stories. But the success was not exactly my best friend.

My most recent story had just hit 100 views. For me, it was definitely something. But in the Wattpad world, that was shamelessly little.

I took my phone and tapped on the Wattpad app. If the Wattpad logo on my phone menu were a real button, it would've been broken already.

The bar displaying my notifications popped open almost instantly. I scrolled down and checked for something new, but like most of the times, I found nothing.

No notifications for today, I sighed.

I might as well just find something new to read. I tapped on the little house-shaped button and entered the Browse section, where numerous stories appeared.

I scrolled aimlessly through the recommended books with their incredibly eye-catching covers, but I couldn't find anything to suit my tastes.

I went like that through all the other stories but no luck.

I guess sometimes it's better to let a book find you instead.

My phone buzzed in my hand just as I clicked the exit button from my phone. I instantly checked my notifications bar in anticipation, and saw a new one from Wattpad. I clicked on it and it directed me back to the app, where I noticed that someone had just followed me.