f i f t e e n: ✔

It started out with a kiss,

How did it end up like this?

It was only a kiss,

It was only a kiss...

(Mr. Brightside - The Killers)

_

____

____

Fifteen:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

Only that it wasn't my alarm.

The first thing that gave it all away was the blinding neon light coming from the ceiling.

My eyelids opened, an instant headache making my head go numb. I groaned and slowly raised my hand closer to my face, rubbing my temples as to try ease the pain from springing further into my head.

I was laying in a medium sized bed with white sheets and covers, and a strangely hard mattress that made my back hurt.

Where was I?

My eyes roamed around me, taking in my surroundings.

The room was pretty simple, with few decorations and furniture. Pale green tiles on the floor, bright white walls and large windows with cream colored curtains.

But the weirdest things that sat in this room were the beeping machines placed next to my bed, their loud sound ricocheting across the room.

Oh God.

I was in a hospital.

Sure enough, I was covered in a white robe which hung lazily across my body. I could feel my bare legs shiver underneath the covers.

My mouth felt dry.

What on earth happened?

Then it all rushed back to me.

The park. The meeting. Michael. Marie Elizabeth. Michael and Marie Elizabeth kissing. The car. The ride back home. The noise.

And that's where the memories interrupted, leaving me with a giant hole in my mind.

How did I get here? And why was I here?

The door sprung open.

"Bree, oh my God," mom flew in my direction, her hands cupping my face as she came next to my bed. "Are you okay? The doctor told me you woke up and I rushed in here as soon as I could. I was so worried, God, don't you ever do this to me, I swear I was so scare -"

"Mom," I cut her off, managing a small smile at her sight. A warm feeling settled in me. Seeing her made me feel so much better. She made this robotic room much more alive. "I'm fine. Okay? You don't need to worry anymore."