chapter 8: don't fall in love with me

*unedited so it contains lots of grammar mistakes*

"O-ow" I winced in pain, holding the left side of my stomach.  Liam just stared at me blankly and I nudged him to get the hint. "Oh? Oh" he muttered before clearing his throat "Adeline isn't feeling well so please excuse us"

I gave everyone an apologetic look and practically sprinted out of that room with Liam trailing behind. Nothing could be more worse than not knowing when exactly you're getting married and that was the exact situation we were in. "One year?" I shriek at Liam, about to wack him with my hand bag.

He rolled his eyes at me, "5 months?" He snorts "do you want my mom controlling your whole life?"

I pause for a moment and slowly dropped my bag. Ah the one year thing makes sense now. But he could've  told me sooner so we wouldn't have to look like idiots. We both sighed in frustration.

"Liam" a familiar voice called, and I didn't need to turn to see who it was.  The person caught up with us "I'll take you to the hospital" he said, giving me a look of concern. Was he actually worried about me?

Liam and I quickly shake our head "she's fine" Liam reassures "we just need to go home". I nod my head and hope this E.T would just leave us alone but unfortunately he wasn't going anywhere. "I'll drive you guys home" Chris offered "and don't say no"

I closed my mouth shut and frowned. I gave Liam the 'make him leave please' look but Liam just shrugged and followed behind Chris. I had no option but to pretend to be in pain thoughout the whole time.

I was beginning to get annoyed at how damn involved Chris was getting.   He couldn't keep his eyes on the road as they'd manage to trail to me.  Either Liam noticed and he didn't care or he's a completely oblivious.

"Thanks" I utter to Chris, before walking towards the door. "You wanna come in?" Liam asks and I spin around to shoot daggers.  Chris must've noticed and for once actually said no. I sighed in relief as Liam stumbled over and opened the door.

"Freedom" I sigh, kicking my heels off and propping onto the couch. "That hurt my brain" he complained referring back to the 23 questions about our whole fake relationships.

I roll my eyes, "do you even have a brain?"

I snort at his blank expression and then realised how childish I was. Liam was a grown ass 23 year old who got stuck with an immature 19 year old. How lucky is he?

"Let's play a game" I suddenly announce, as I watched Liam pull his tie, allowing it to hung loose on his neck. He raised his eyebrow "we are not doing 100 questions"

I frown, "fine, 23?"

"No"

I pout and tug on his shirt sleeve, I pulled in the puppy dog face hoping it'll melt his ice cold heart like it melts mine. "No" he said, rejecting me. I guess not

"We're engaged and I know nothing about you" I state which catches his attention. "Are you interested in me?" He smirks with an attitude and I shrug "heck yeah". He chuckled and
shrugs meaning it's a yes. I've spend 3 weeks with this man, I was bound to pick up his way of life.

"Alright, um...." I trailed on "what are your hobbies?"

He bit his lips, "golf, tennis and swimming"

I could sense lying so I narrowed my eyes at him, "I sniff lies"

He laughed, conforming my suspicion.  "You're too young to know"

My mouth opens slightly and I glare at him in annoyance.  Did he just kid zone me? Hell no

"I'm 19" I say "I'm old enough to know it all"