Haha...Hell No

Alec's POV
       Art is the only class I can stand. I'm the one who designed all of my tattoos; I have my left arm covered with roses with my mom's name, while my right has flowers and a bible scripture.
     Marcos sits beside me, scratching another fire. "What? This is all I know how to draw," he says. I shrug. The bell rings, signalling that it's time for us to leave. Marco and I stand up.    
      ××××××××
       I stay after school to go to the library for books I need to study. When I get outside, Nicole is getting shoved into a wall by a man that's much older than her and looks drunk. Something in me makes me go over and listen. He's yelling. But I'm deaf in one ear from the night my birth father fired a gun at my mom and I was right there.
     "HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO COME HOME AFTER SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY!?!" He yells. She has tears running down her pretty face. She's even prettier when she crying.
     "I'm sorry. Don't hurt me," she says. He slaps her hard across the face. Immediately, I become protective of someone I barely even know and dony have any I intention of getting to know.
    I grab her arm and pull her behind me. Her hands press against my back. My heart flutters for some reason, but I ignore it. "You think that's how you treat your daughter man?" I demand.
    He reaches over and grabs her, but I grip her other arm, so we're playing toggle war. "Just give her to me, Sonny," He says. I've seen him around but he's never been like this. I tap my chin as if I'm thinking about it.
     "Haha that's real funny...no," I say and pull her hard so she's against my chest. Again, I get butterflies. He glares.
     "Your gonna get it later," he says, pointed a greased finger at her. She flinches closer me but I turn around and put her behind me before stomping towards her father. They look nothing alike. He trues sizing me up but I'm buffer and taller, 6'6 to be exact.
     "You don't lay a fucking hand on her or any female. You call yourself man, your a fucking coward, don't come near her again!" I yell. Before turning away, I swing at him. He stumbles back.
     "Who are you to tell me this?" He demands, wiping the blood off his lip. I don't know how to answer. I do the one thing I know to do. Going over to her, I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her up until our lips are pressed together. She doesn't kiss me back, but hell is this the best kiss I've ever had somehow.
      I set her down. "Boyfriend," I answer, then walk off with her.
     ×××××××
      When we get in front of my house she looks over at the house across the street. Mr.Carolina has to be one of the coolest men ever. He tonight me how to throw a proper punch with all my strength.
    She starts walking towards the house. "Um, where ya going?" I ask. She points.
    "My dads. My real dad is Damon Carolina," she tells me. I knew he had a daughter but didn't know she was this pretty. What is happening to me? "Thank you for doing that." I shrug.
    "Welcome. Thanks for the kiss, but it would have helped if you had kissed me back-" she shakes her head.
    "Bye," she says. I grab her arm.
    "Listen, Marcos is out of town and I don't like being alone. Daisy isn't home, but would you hang around me for awhile?" I ask. She looks down at her shoes and shrugs. I guess roofs are our thing cause we're on her dads again.
     "Does he hurt you?" I ask. She doesn't say anything which gives me my answer. She pulls at her sleeves. "Why do you do that to yourself?" I ask. She looks at me with a surprised look.
     "I deserve the pain. I'm worthless," she says. Everyone is the same. But her, she's different. I like that for some off reason. It's not just her looks I like now. WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT?!?
     "You don't deserve to do that to yourself. No goes. You use it as a distraction," I say. She gives me a look that I can't read.
     "You sound luke you know. What​ happened to you?" She asks. Knowing her, she doesn't really care. No one ever does. That's why you keep feels bottled in.
     "Um, Daisy's and mines mom passed away from cancer two years back. Before that she struggled with depression and would do horrible things to herself. Me being the oldest at the time, felt like I had to save her. I couldn't, know I live with that." She doesn't look at me like I'm some kicked puppy like other people would. She takes my hand. I don't hold hands.
     "There was nothing you could have done. Cancer isn't something that's easy to save. You can't beat yourself up over something you can't control," she says. Her eyes go watery. "Even I'm trying to realize that."

AN: There's his protective side. Please comment what other side of him you want to see!!!! And this is going to be a slow burn relationship. COMMENT!! Stay Alive |-/            -Veah