Home Again

Five Years Later
              Alec's POV
     I walk into the backyard and pick Daisy up. She's gotten bigger over the years, but that doesn't stop me. Setting her down, she glares at me a little. "I'm getting a little too old for that big brother," she tells me.
     "You've wound me. I don't care that your twelve," I say. She shrugs and jogs off to her friends. Someone claps a hand on my shoulder. Turning around, I see Damon and Jupiter.
     "Hey," I say, sad that Nicole isn't here. We were able to stay friends until she had left for college. I stayed here and joined that police academy after three months of local college. I never moved onto another no matter how tempting; that never stopped me from having fun with others though.
     He man hugs me after Jupiter. I scratch my collarbone. "How's work been?" He asks me. I shrug.
    "Fine. Still trying to make my way up, but still good," I say. He has a impressed smile. He leans in a little close. "Yo! What are you doing?" He rolls his eyes.
     "Nicole is moving back to town. Well, not with me, but you know what I mean. She got a publishing job as a assistant," he tells me. I can't help but grin like an idiot. I've missed her so much over the five long years.
      "She's not wi-" he shakes his head. I'm so back​ in.
      ××××××

         Damon turns around and yelps like a little girl

         Damon turns around and yelps like a little girl. I turn around to see Nicole. She looks the same, but older. Also, she looks gooood in all black. He holds her in his arms. I slowly make my way over and wait until he let's her go.
     Her eyes find mine as he let's her go. We walk towards each other til we're close enough to hear each other. "Hey," she says. I pull her into my arms, wanting her as close as possible. Her heels make her taller but still shorter than me.
     I kiss her forehead as she starts to break away from me. She relaxes into my touch and smiles at me.
    "Hi." Daisy jogs over and hugs her. Daisy is close to passing Nicole up in height already.
     "You've gotten so big," she says. Daisy shrugs and smiles brightly at her. Daisy looks at me and wiggles her brows. Clearing my throat, I scratch the back of my neck. "How's being a cop going for you?" She asks.
    "Fine. You finally got a publishing job," I say. She nods, smoking nervously. I realize that time really was what she needed; her smiles meet her eyes now. Their real finally.
      "I mean its just being an assistant for the boss, but hopefully I'll make my way up," she says. I nod, grinning at her.
     "I really want to kiss you," I blurt out absently. She blushes violently, but steps closer to me.
    "Do it then," she says. I place my hand on her waist and fit our lips together. Its the same as it once was. Could I change again for her? Yes, if it meant keeping her. I want to get back to that place we were in before, even if it takes a long time. She's worth it.
       She steps away, hands in mine. Her hands are still so small and soft. "I missed you," she says in a whisper. I chuckle.
    "I missed you too, baby girl."

AN: Short, but gets the point across. Comment what you want to happen with them. (I'm at the dentist and my anxiety is ugghhh I just hate the dentist). Stay alive |-/            -Veah