16.

When I came back to school the next day, and went to math class, the teacher didn't look very happy with me. I couldn't help but regret that I wasted my time on talking to Michael, when I should've been in math class. Even though I wanted it at the time, I regretted it the minute after I realized that Michael was only being selfish and didn't care about my own feelings about the whole situation. Why couldn't he deal with it? I had to deal with it, but he couldn't? There was something seriously wrong with this guy.

"Olivia", the math teacher called after me when I was on my out of the classroom. I stopped and turned around. "Where were you yesterday?"

I gulped. "I had to go. It was an emergency."

He looked suspiciously at me. "Well, why was I not informed?"

"I'm very sorry professor, it won't happen again"

"Well, let's hope so.", he started packing down his papers and as I started getting ready to leave, he stopped me once again. "But this won't go unpunished. I want you to attend one hour of detention this week and the rest of next week also." I just stared at him for some minutes. "To give you a lesson. I don't want you to repeat this type of behaviour".

I nodded before I headed out. Instead of walking towards the left to my locker and leave school, I walked towards the detention classroom at the end of the hall. I had never been in that room, and I honestly didn't know what to expect when I walked through the open door.

I saw heads turning when I entered the classroom. The teacher sitting in the front desk didn't pay attention to me arriving. I looked over at him, realising it was my history teacher.

"Please, sit down", he said without even looking up at me. Probably reading one of the assignments we had handed in recently. "And stay silent".

I looked around the classroom. Many seats were empty. I could just pick one in the back and start to read. Then the time would go fast. When I walked towards the back I realised that some of the faces were recognizable. I had already sat down in front of a group of three boys, when I realized who they were. I turned around and glanced at Eduardo, who nodded towards me. As a greeting signal. I smiled weakly towards him before I turned around and opened my book. I hoped that this hour would go fast.

***

Michael wasn't in school for another two days. It was Thursday, the end of the week. The air was starting to get colder and colder for each day now. I hated this cold weather. I would always have a cold or get sick during this changing period, and I could already feel it. My eyes felt heavy and my nose was running. I was too tired to even bother about putting makeup on my face.

When I walked of the buss that chilly morning, the cold wind hit my face and when I saw that someone was walking towards me, I started walking quicker. I didn't feel like talking to Christina, Philip or Daniella for that matter. I just wanted to be alone. For now. I was going to talk to Daniella soon, but my emotions against Christina were still unclear. I wasn't sure what to feel. She couldn't possibly know what was going to happen, I knew that. But in some way, I was still angry at her. She should've never left me in the first place.

When I felt the hard grip around my wrist, stopping me in my tracks, my heart started pumping hard. Was it him? The guy from the party? Had he followed me here now?

"Hey...", I heard a soft voice say, and I relaxed. It wasn't him. But it was someone else. Someone else I didn't want to talk to. At least I didn't have to be scared of something happening to me. For now.

When I turned my face to look at him, I hated myself for the thought that came up in my head; he's looks gorgeous.

Even though his hair wasn't as it usually was, and I could see that he had been sleeping badly, he was still one of the most handsome boys I had ever met. He was wearing his usual outfit; jeans, a white t-shirt and his leather jacket, but the messy hair and his tired eyes made something look different. I just didn't know what.