Chapter 5 - What the hell is happening?!

Chapter 5 – What the hell is happening?!

Lucy's POV

At twenty to seven I'm leaving the safety of my house and walking towards completely uncharted waters. I'm still in the outfit I wore to school as Amy and Jess both refused to let me change into my usual attire whilst going to Justin's house.

When I found them earlier at lunch after I got back to school, I filled them in on every single detail, and they were just as shocked as me. An Alpha asking an Omega for help is just unheard of...

Richard and Louisa don't seem happy about me doing this but they also know that I've not exactly been given an option. The best advice they could give me was to make sure I don't disrespect anyone and to keep out of the way as much as I possibly can. I know it's killing them that there's absolutely nothing they can to do to help, and so I tried not to let them see how scared I am when I told them the news.

Honestly? I'm terrified. The last I ever heard of rouges troubling the pack was eleven years ago... when I found out that my  parents were gone... and so you could kind of say that, by doing this, I'm facing my demons. Demons that I'd hoped I'd get away with never actually having to face. But I can't exactly let that show as it'll only make my situation, and my life, a lot worse.

The short walk back to school at lunch had me mulling over everything that Justin said and I came to the horrific realisation that I could get seriously injured... or even worse. I'm small and I'm weak, that's part of why I'm an Omega for God's sake! I can't fight and I most certainly can't protect myself if we run into any real trouble... which means I am most definitely screwed...

It takes me roughly around fifteen minutes to reach his house and, when it finally comes into sight, a wave of sickening nerves roll over me.

I stand across the road from the four story red brick mansion, just simply staring at it. Taking in the black marble steps that lead up to the huge mahogany front door, the twenty-four windows me and Justin got so bored one day as kids that we actually counted, the black slated roof that we used to imagine jumping off onto his trampoline just to see how high we could go...

This place used to be like a second home to me... but now it just seems foreign. A scrap of the life I used to have.

I haven't seen Alpha David or Luna Wendy in years... what the hell do they make of my current status? Do they hate me as much as their son does? Are they dreading this reunion as much as I am? Will they even recognise me?

I run a hand through my hair, my feet still planted firmly to the ground as I'm too scared to take even one step closer.

How many people are going to be here tonight? Justin didn't exactly specify on numbers. Are there going to be a lot? Are they all going to hate me for having to be here? What the hell am I even supposed to do when I get inside?!

Slowly counting to ten in my head, I attempt to calm myself down. I have to go in, whether I like it or not.

Swallowing down as much of my nerves as I can, I slowly walk towards the house, up the steps, and ring the doorbell.

An excruciating ten seconds pass before the door in front of me opens to reveal Wendy standing in front of me.

Oh... my... God...

It seems to take a few seconds for her to actually recognise who I am and, when she finally does, I'm in complete shock at her reaction.

"Lucy!" she exclaims happily.

"...hi?" I say once the initial shock dies down, not actually meaning for it to sound like a question and wanting to face palm myself for how moronic it sounded.