Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Vi? Vi?” Noah said gently shaking me. “Vi!!” he screamed into my ear.

“Noah what the hell do you want?!” I asked mad.

“We’re at the airport” he said. I got up and looked at my watch. It was 11:00 AM. We got out our bags and left the car.

“Noah, what are we going to do with the car?” I looked around to see that no one else was there.

“Oh we’re gonna leave it here for someone else to find.” He said in a serious tone.

“You’re joking right?” I asked hoping he would say yes.

“No.” he said shaking his head. Damn, I thought. We took the elevator up. I saw the camera. I stuck my tongue out at it. I tucked my iPod and my earphones away in my pocket. I took out the notepad from the hospital. I looked through the duffle bag to find a pen or a pencil. I found a pencil.

We don’t have a change of clothes!” I wrote. I didn’t want to go into the airport looking like a slob.

Damn! I forgot about that!”  He handed it back to me. I sighed. Damn, I thought. We arrived into the airport. As we stepped out I saw a little girl holding her parents hands. I felt sad, because she reminded me of me when I was about her age. A luggage cart passed by and she was gone. I blinked 5 times to make sure what I saw just happened. I figured it was just a figment of my imagination. I looked around to see if there was a clothing store. Bam! I found an Old Navy store right out side. I pointed it out to Noah.

“What?! But it’s all the way out side” he said with a pouty face. I giggled. “Fine” he said exaggeratedly. We walked out the door and it took us 10 minutes to get to the entrance of the store. I asked the security guard to hold our bags. She looked surprised as she took it from us. I took out 700 dollars and went off to buy some clothes. Noah was right behind me with a cart. I found 8 pairs of jeans, 10 shirts, 7 pairs of shorts, 5 pairs of socks, 3 sneakers (2 Vans one All-Star), 15 pairs of underwear and 8 bras. Noah giggled as I handed them to him to put in the cart.

“What?!” I said beginning to laugh.

“Well this is actually the first time I’m touching woman’s underwear” He said through a smile.

“Really?” I asked with a hint of surprise. He nodded. “Well let’s go do your shopping shall we?” I asked as we went to the men’s section. Noah looked through a bunch of stuff. He found 6 pairs of jeans, 8 shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, 4 sneakers (2 Nike, one Vans and one All-Star), 13 pairs of boxers and 3 pairs of socks. As we were passing by the hat rack I stopped. I saw a hat that was so cool and would be awesome on my head. It was a Cookie Monster hat. He was my favorite sesame street character. I threw that into the cart. I also found 3 pairs of booty shorts and 4 pairs of pajamas, all short.

“Sexy” Noah whispered into my ear. I giggled. He smiled. He found an Elmo hat that he liked and put it into a cart. When we went to the cashier he looked at us with surprise.

“Are you buying this all?” he asked.

“No” I replied. “I just wanted to show you all this before I steal it. Of course we’re buying all this” I said. He glared at me. I shrugged.

“Your total is 489 dollars and 60 cents.” I gave him 500 dollars. A few seconds later we got our change. We got our clothes and our duffle bags. As soon as we were out I put the money in the bag along with my clothes. I saw Noah stuffing his clothes into his duffle bag. We walked for another 10 minutes. As we entered the airport, I took out a luggage cart and threw my duffle bag on it. Noah put his on top of mine. I threw out the food and the water earlier, because the food began to rot and the water wasn’t allowed in the airport. I went into a candy store. I bought 18 packs of M&M’s, 13 Snicker bars, 13 Mars bars, 12 Twix, and 8 cans of Pringles Sour Cream and Onion flavor. The cashier told me that the total was 80 dollars. I gave her 100. She gave me back the change. I put all of the snacks into my duffle bag and walked out.

“What did you get?” He asked a bit worried. He’s allergic to peanuts so I was sure to get what he wants.

“I got candy with out peanuts for you.” I saw a Starbucks we decided to go there. We walked towards it. I went up and just as I was about to order Noah ordered for both of us.

“Hot chocolate with whip cream and chocolate syrup on top, the biggest size you got and a big chocolate chip cookie with a brownie for her and a espresso and a croissant, a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie for me.” I looked at him with surprise. “Vi, don’t give me that look, I’ve known you for 19 years now, of course I know your order.” He pulled out another hundred dollars and paid. I smiled. I went to get our order. I waited for Noah to come and take his. I sat down our duffle bags were safe and sound next to our feet.

“So were to next?” I asked him. He shrugged.

“How about Italy. We’ve never been there before. Rome would be nice.” I looked at my watch it was 8:00 PM now. I took a sip of hot chocolate and a bite of my cookie to stall.

“Sure, why the hell not” I said after I swallowed. He leaned over the small table and kissed me. I kissed him back. As he pulled away I got up to the counter again. I pulled out my 20 and bought 10 packets of mints. I can’t live with out mints. I can’t go on after a meal let alone a snack with out any mints. After we finished we got up and went to the place to buy tickets.

“Two first class tickets to Rome, Italy please?” We walked to the gate hand in hand. I took a deep breath before getting on the plane. As I took my seat next to the window, I plugged in the cable of my iPod and it began to charge. It only had 3 percent left. I looked through my playlist and realized that it was mostly rap. I played “Careless world” by Tyga. I only had one earphone in. I stared at Noah as he put our bags under us.

“What?” He asked smiling. I smiled back

“I’m happy that I’m here with you.” He kissed my forehead.

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you too” I whispered. I kissed him for about 5 seconds.

“Good night Viola” He whispered. He kissed my fore head again.

“Good night Noah” I said as put the second earphone in and I fell asleep. I didn’t hear anything except the song “I love you” by Avril Lavigne.