Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I felt someone throw water on me. I woke up in shock and sat up straight. I was breathing heavy. I punched Tina in the arm.

“OUCH!” she shouted as she grabbed her arm. “That hurt!”

“It was supposed to hurt you idiot! Holy crap.” I said as I cleaned the water off my face. “I’m sorry Tina. I was just really mad.” I sighed and held my head. “Do you guys have aspirin?” I asked my head still down. I heard someone’s footsteps walk out of the room.

“What did you dream of this time?” Noah asked, not trying to hide the concern in his voice.

“I can’t remember” I said, but that was a lie. I couldn’t tell anyone what I saw. It hurt too much just to think about it. I heard the footsteps return and I stuck out my hand for the pill. I looked up and I couldn’t believe who I saw. “MAX?!” I screamed. I jumped up and hugged him. Max Troeger was the closest person I have to family. He was DEFINETLY my older brother. He was exactly 2 years older than me. We met when I was in 2nd grade and our birthday parties over lapped. There was a huge cake fight between the 2 parties (done by me of course) and Noah and I hid under the table. He came and joined us after awhile. He was in 4th grade. That’s how we met. We’ve known each other since then. He lived only a block away from us. It was so cool. He gave me a necklace when I was 13 that I haven’t taken off yet. It was a real diamond. I loved it.  “Oh my god!” I screamed. My head began to pound. I sat down. I swallowed the pill and drank some water. “When did you get here?” I asked tired yet excited.

“I came here by my self. I wanted to surprise my favorite sister!” He said with happiness.

“Your favorite sister? I’m your only sister!” He didn’t know we were vampires. When the thought struck me my heart sunk. I was still smiling but my inside was crying. I can’t let my friends die because of my actions. I decided that I should just run away. I know that it’ll hurt me because of how much I love Noah, and Max just got here. I wanted to cry, but I took a deep breath and blinked them away. I had to do what I had to do.

*

I was awake when everyone went to bed. I got up and went to the desk next to the couch.

Dear Noah, Saru, Tina, Asha and Max,

I had to go. If I didn’t they would have killed all of you. I’m leaving for your own good. Please don’t come after me. Max I’m sorry we couldn’t spend any more time together you know you will always be my brother; you know how much I love you. Saru, Tina and Asha, you guys are the greatest most awesome friends a vampire could ever have (yes Max I’m a vampire, I might as well say that since we won’t see each other anymore). Noah… I don’t know what to say. I’ve love you for the past 8 years, I never doubted you and vice versa too. I love you too much to even say. You know that you will always be my love and I’ll never forget you. I love you all. You will always be in my heart, and that’s a promise. Love, Viola Johnson.

I cried silently as I packed my bag with food and clothes. I had a ton of money, enough for me to survive for at least a month. I jumped out the window and I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I was going back to Indiana. I called a taxi and I was off. I sat in the front because I couldn’t trust the back. When we arrived at the airport I gave him 100 Euros. I’m going back to the USA, what will I do with it there? I went in and I felt the air rush through my hair. It was up to my shoulders now, since I haven’t cut it yet. I bought my ticket and got on the plane. I sat by my self. I wasn’t hungry, I wasn’t thirsty. I told the stewardesses that I wasn’t going to need anything that night. They nodded. I couldn’t sleep. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as the plane flew up. I wiped it away and put the music in my ears. I hoped that the music would help me sleep. It did. I was about to go on a suicide mission. I’m going to kill the leader even if it kills me. I fell into a deep sleep.