CHAPTER 12

XRenia knelt beside the blueprint tablet and tapped its glass screen a hologram shot out projecting the basic outline of the mansion. She used the tablet to reposition the projection so that the main part of the building was facing south then elevated it of the ground three feet just in case this plane flooded every once in a while. Then she scaled the whole blueprint up, making the entire structure even larger.

Once she had it where she wanted it she took a deep breath and rubbed her hands together. Normally scrolls or enchanted objects came with the magic energy needed to power them for obvious reasons this one didn't. If it had it be worth an insane fortune, like in the millions.

She pulled her magic in, placed her right hand on the tablet and fed it into the blueprint as she activated it. The first stages spells 'resource readying in procuring' came to life. They shot to the middle where the mansion was going to be and began deconstructing the raw metal and other resources Verin had put down turning them into small dust particles and pulling then into a floating pile. Then they reached into the ground tearing the dirt apart gathering the particles as it did. The spells tore a hole in the ground twenty feet deep then slowly expanded outwards towards them ripping down their makeshift structure.

Verin picked up the dragon claw and floated up into the air.

The spells continued to dissect the land and pull the rock dust and other mineral particles towards the ever increasing floating resource pile. As they reached her they left a little island around her and still continued past her. The gathering spells spread past the borders of her shield and still they reached farther until at last what was needed to construct the mansion had been accumulated.

The first stage spells faded away and the second stage sprung to life. The foundation spells formed gigantic ornately carved stone pillars positioning them at regulated intervals in the twenty foot crater the resource gathering spells had created. Once the pillars had been placed they started to construct a four foot solid thick floor that sat on top of the pillars.

"Looks like we are going to have a pretty decent size basement," XRenia shouted over the loud construction magic.

"You can say that again. How are you holding up?"

She took a few heavy breaths. "Okay I guess. But this is honestly taking more than I thought it would."

A smile affixed itself to Verin's face. "Ha so much for you being two times stronger than me."

"Hey, you probably had all your resources laid out in front of you. It had to expand my energy to go search for ours. Not only that I made the blueprint at least twenty-five percent bigger if not more."

Verin didn't reply he just smirked knowingly down at her.

The land she was kneeling on was forcefully changed into the ever expanding floor as the foundation spells continued past her. She reached out with her free hand and touched the sandy reddish floor. It was smooth, warm to the touch and very much reminded her of a baked clay floor.

"Don't worry that's not the final layer or color. During the detailing stage you can change what you want." Verin shouted down to her.

She shrugged and watched the foundation spells finish out past her shield. When they were finally done she took her hand off the blueprint and shook out her arms. Thanks to her extensive use of magic the icky magic at this place had completely coated her.

Verin dropped down beside her and used his magic to jam the Dragon claw into the new floor. As the artifacts protective bubble washed over she breathed a sigh of relief. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that nasty stuff."