Chapter Twenty Nine

What's the ship name for Hayden and Reagan vs Reagan and Noah?

Btw...Noah didn't hit Bruce. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that 🤔

Chapter Twenty Nine

"I'm really glad Bruce is okay," Noah says as we walk down the stairs from english. "I was worried."

I sigh, "I was worried too."

"I'm sorry I couldn't stay to hear the good news. You have no clue how much I wanted to be there to hug you and see that pretty smile," he smiles, nudging me with his shoulder.

I blush lightly and look away- mainly down at the steps so I don't fall down and break my leg and end up suffering the same fate as Bruce.

"How is he handling the whole three leg thing?" Noah asks.

I shrug as we hop down the last step. "He's adjusting. He's frustrated though, he snapped at me and Angel multiple times when we tried to help him."

The vet wanted to keep him overnight and well into the next day to monitor his heart rate. He was hit hard, the vet made it clear how shocked he was that Bruce didn't have any other major damage aside from the stitches on his side and his back left leg needing to be amputated.

When Bruce came to, I broke down again. I hugged him close to me and heard him purr out a relieved growl of affection as he nuzzled his nose into my neck.

We took him home yesterday afternoon and have been helping him settle into life with a missing leg. He's handling it the best he can. But he's fallen multiple times, he hasn't learned how to walk up the steps, and his body tilts forward as he eats and drinks so food and water goes flying everywhere.

No matter the case, he doesn't give up. My Bruce is a fighter.

Noah smiles down at me; his bright eyes and bright smile distract me from my thoughts. "It's amazing how you can get all of that from your pets. I never understood how my old cat felt at all."

I chuckle, "That's because it was a cat. Cats are confusing creatures."

He chuckles too and brushes his hand against mine, "I guess you're right. Bruce and Angel are lucky to have you."

I smile, "Yeah I guess they are."

Then Noah's face lights up as he remembers something. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you! I hear you get love letters." He grins.

My eyes widen and I blink at him. "How did you know that?"

He chuckles, "When you fell asleep at the vet, I started talking to Hayden. He may or may not have dropped that bomb. I also know they're anonymous."

I furrow my brow as he talks and try to wrap my head around why Hayden would tell Noah about my letters. They aren't even friends, and I'm pretty sure Hayden doesn't like Noah. Like at all.

Why would he share something like that with him?

I look away and keep walking. "Oh."

"When do you think you're going to find out who they're from?" He asks, something in his voice making my heart thud faster.