Chapter Thirty Two

Beautiful cover done by MelissaCoronado7

Chapter Thirty Two

For the rest of the week, Noah waits for me by my locker in the morning and walks me to all of my classes. I know he's doing it to be sweet, but a part of me is annoyed with the constant attention. I can barely see Logan and Chloe without Noah by my side.

As for Hayden...he hasn't been to art all week, he hasn't been at my locker- not that he would even be able to talk with me since Noah's always there- and I rarely even see him in the hallways. When I do, he avoids looking at me and walks right past.

It hurts every time I see him and see how he's blatantly ignoring me. I don't know what I did, but I'm too afraid to try and talk to him. Besides, it's probably better this way. With Hayden ignoring me, I can focus on Noah and try to build my relationship with him and forget about the feelings I have for Hayden.

If he had any for me, he seems to have forgotten them.

Tonight, Noah invited me to his house for dinner with his family. He's on his way over now, and my mom is helping me find something to wear. Chloe decided that she doesn't want to help me get dressed up for Noah because she doesn't like him- even less now that he's taking away our girl time at school.

I hear the doorbell ring as I pull on my shirt, and Bruce and Angel dart off my bed and rush down the stairs, almost tripping one another on the way. Bruce lands awkwardly on his three legs and falls into Angel, and she assists him as they continue to trot downstairs.

"Looks like he's here," my mom says, walking down after them.

This is the first my parents will have met Noah, so I'm sure he's nervous for this first impression. I'm nervous to meet his parents tonight for the first time. They saw Noah at the vet, but they never actually talked to him or anything.

I walk downstairs and my eyes widen at the scene in front of me. Noah is pressed against the wall as my dad tries to hold Bruce and Angel away from him.

Even with only three legs Bruce looks terrifying.

"Noah, I'm so sorry! They're never like this!" My mother exclaims, helping my dad pull them towards the back door.

I gasp and rush downstairs as Bruce breaks free and hobbles towards Noah with his teeth bared. He stumbles slightly, but it doesn't lessen the threat.

"Bruce!" I exclaim, stepping in front of him. He instantly puts on the breaks and almost knocks into me, lowering his ears as I begin to scold him. "Bad dog!" I snap, smacking his nose lightly. "You and Angel go outside right now," I command, pointing to the back door.

He whines and turns with his tail tucked and head lowered, and Angel follows after him. I shake my head and look at Noah who looks beyond terrified.

"I am so sorry," I breathe.

He laughs shakily and relaxes his tensed muscles. "It's alright..." He smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

Then he pulls out flowers from behind his back, slightly crumpled from how tightly he was clutching them before, and hands them to my mother.

I look closely and notice that they're roses and I mentally face palm. My mom is allergic to roses.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Holt." He says, turning on a charming smile.

Mom smiles awkwardly, "That was sweet of you Noah, thank you. But I'm actually allergic to roses."

His smile falls and he quickly lowers his hand, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I didn't know."