Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

After having to walk all the way back to my car because I forgot to grab my phone, I finally make my way into school. Since I had to get my phone from my car, and my spot is on the far end of the parking lot, I don't make it inside in time to enjoy the morning in Mr. Duncan's room.

Instead I head straight to my locker, half expecting to see Hayden loitering around it with a letter in his hand. But instead of Hayden, I see Noah waiting patiently for me with a wide smile.

"Good morning, princess." He grins, leaning forward to kiss me.

I pull away to make it a small, chaste kiss since my breath probably still smells like the eggs I had for breakfast. His breath smelled fresh and minty, so I'd rather not embarrass myself with a gross kiss.

He takes my hand and we start walking towards my first class, and he swings our arms as we walk.

"How was your night?" He asks.

I shrug and slow down the uncomfortable swinging of our hands. "It was alright. Logan and Chloe came over."

"What did y'all do?"

"Talked about you."

He chuckles, "Hopefully everything said was good?"

Not from Chloe.

I smile at him and squeeze his hand, "Everything was good. I don't think there's anything bad to be said about you, Noah."

Chloe definitely disagrees with that statement.

He grins and kisses my cheek, "No that's you. You're like an absolute angel."

"I killed my class pet back in third grade, that's not very angelic." I joke.

He chuckles, "You're allowed one pass."

"Only one?"

He grins and kisses my cheek again, and then one more time as if the first wasn't enough. "As many as you want."

We reach my art class and I see Duncan setting class up inside. I watch as he sets papers down on the desks along with various art supplies and I try to decipher what we are going to do today, but Noah takes me from my thoughts.

"Hey," he grins, taking both of my hands in his so that I turn towards him.

I smile, "Hey."

He chuckles and pulls me closer to him, "I'm really glad I get to call you mine."

From something that sweet, you would think I'd get thousands of butterflies. But instead I get an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach- a guilty feeling.

Nonetheless, I smile and kiss him on the cheek. "I am too, I'll see you in English."

He smiles and kisses me sweetly, "I'll see you in english, beautiful."

I walk into the classroom, and as I walk towards my seat Duncan walks over.

"What's going on there? Is he the author of your letters or something?" Duncan asks, narrowing his eyes at the door.

I start to get my things out as more students walk into class, "Yeah."

"What about Hayden?"

I pause and glance up at him, staring warily at his guarded gaze. "What about him?"

Duncan shrugs, "You two were obviously getting close."

I go back to getting my things out and shake my head. "Noah wrote my letters, it's as simple as that."