Chapter Thirty

You guys had some darn good theories- lets find out who was right ;)

*fantastic cover made by LilyAnnne ** if you're wanting to send me one, please make sure to also include your wattpad username!

Chapter Thirty

Once I got the news that I'm meeting Anonymous tonight, I dialed Chloe's number and booked it to her house. I am in desperate need of some best friend advice now more than I ever have been before. My brain feels like a bundle of confused mush and I can't take it anymore without some advice.

"So Hayden just walked away?" Chloe asks as she sorts through her closet to find something for me to wear.

I want to look casual, but not too casual. I don't want to look fancy, but I don't want to look like a bum either.

It's a process.

"Yeah, he seemed surprised I got a letter, then he got upset, and then he walked away." I say, fiddling with my fingers. "It was weird, but it confirmed that he isn't the author. If he was he would have looked a lot more aware of the letter."

I hear Chloe sigh and I glance over at her. Her entire body is slumped as she continues to search through her clothes, and she has a defined pout on her lips.

I turn in my chair towards her. "You look disappointed, why?"

She pauses and looks over at me with a sigh. "I was hoping it was Hayden who wrote the letters."

I look away, "A part of me wishes it was him too," I admit quietly. "But as much as I like Hayden...he's not my Anonymous. You know the way I feel with the letters- they're the safe choice for me."

She shakes her head, "I know, it's just...I can tell you like Hayden."

I frown and look in the mirror to distract myself. "I do. A lot. But I would rather go with the guy who doesn't have the chance to break my heart."

Chloe turns around and walks towards me with a furrowed brow.

"Any guy you choose to give your heart to will have the chance to break it. You just have to love him enough to take that risk."

I stay quiet and look away from her. She sighs and next thing I know she's tossing an outfit on top of me and tells me to go try it on.

"Chloe...how do you feel about Cole?" I ask as I change into the outfit she gave me.

She glances at me and smiles softly, "I love him. We haven't said anything, we're still only friends, but I think he knows how I feel."

"So why aren't you together?"

She frowns and sits next to me, "I don't know. We just...haven't had that moment I guess."

"How do you know you love him?"

"You just know."

I roll my eyes, "How?"

"Because when he looks at me, everything makes sense."

---

My feet start walking on their own accord. I don't even register the fact I'm walking towards the school's garden- my mind is whirling with hundreds of thoughts and I can't focus on any one of them.

I want to know who it's going to be. I want to not be so dense and be able to put hints together, but I know that in doing that I'll convince myself it isn't Hayden. And...no matter who it is that I see standing there, I know I'll always hope for Hayden.