Part # 2

@zareenhaque on your request 😘😘😘
-------------------------------------------------------

The long weekend arrived.

Sanyukta reached home at 11 in the night. Her mom and dad were waiting for her. They had stacked the freezer section and kitchen with her favorite items. Sanyukta looked at her mother. She was radiant and beautiful. Her parents were sweet, except that her father was over cautious and mother was melodramatic. She had a short talk with her parents and called it a day.

It was twenty three minutes past eight in the morning, when she woke up on hearing a sibilating 'Good morning' in her ears. She stretched her eyes open and saw her cousin, Riya smiling at her . She got back to her senses and heard the house bustling with cousins and relatives.

"Wake up!!!!", her cousin , Krithika screamed as she rushed inside her room.

"Tum Sab Yahan ??? What's going on?? And Why are you screaming like this "

"We've reached here this morning .. Aunty ne humey Sab bata Diya ??", Krithika grinned.

"KyA bata Diya ???", Sanyukta frowned in confusion.

" Yehi ki Aaj tumhe dekhne ladke waale aa rahe hain ....", Riya said pinching her cheeks playfully.

"OUCH !!!!!!!", Sanyukta exclaimed in pain. She hates it when someone pinches her cheeks . But before she could react to it , she heard her mom's voice.

"Sanyu!! aren't you out of your bed ?"

"Maa !!! May I know what exactly is happening here?", she asked her mom as she walked inside her room.

"Well, we started matching your horoscope with that of boys to look out for a perfect match for you. One such horoscope had matched and they are coming home today to see you . I've called you here for the same.", her mom spoke with a pride that she had outsmarted her daughter.

"And why wasn't I informed about this", Sanyukta muttered angrily.

"If we would've informed you about it , you wouldn't have come here ", her father said joining them.

"But Papa , why don't you understand? I don't want to get married now.", she persisted.

"What is the problem in getting married now , Sanyukta ?", her Dad demanded an answer.

"Papa, you know about my dream. I don't want to get married before I get it accomplished "

"Please don't repeat about that hotel, that you are running.", her mom crooked her face in disgust.

"Maa , Please!!! It's not a hotel. It's a Take-away and delivery restaurant. I know that you keep calling Yoyo Anna to check on how it is going. Hasn't he told you about it???", Sanyukta chipped a little louder than intended drawing the attention of her grandparents.

"Son! Why don't you let her chase her dream? Woman empowerment starts from home. She is just asking for time. Why don't you give it?", her Grandma came in as a rescue.

"Amma! Toh KyA hum isey BAWARCHI banne de. KyA izzat reh jaygi humari society mein. In your days, people felt sick and crippled to tell that they cook. There were times when cooks were looked upon as poor people struggling to make both ends meet . But this generation takes special pride in it . ", her mom tried to stop her Mother in law from supporting her daughter.

"She has never paid attention to what we have advised her regarding studies, career or job, Amma. Everything had been her wish so far. She is too juvenile to decide on who, when and how her wedding should be." , her father said.

" PAPA, I promise, I will not decide anything regarding my marriage . I will leave it on to you. But please give me some time", Sanyukta pleaded.

"Time !!! For what? Please don't tell me it is for that failed business of yours .", her mom said .

"Maa, Please. I have just started it . I have to develop my restaurant and climb up heights in my career. I want to write a cook book. I want to run a cookery show. I have so many plans . But I need time for everything. Please give me Three years. Just three years. If I don't achieve anything in that span of time , then I will get married to whoever you ask me to "

"And Why do you think you can't chase your dreams after marriage?", her mom demanded.

"Because I want to be a strong and an independent woman, first . Moreover if my parents, who had raised me for twenty four years, cannot understand and believe in my dream, how can I expect a bunch of strangers to do so ? I don't want to regret missing my dream in future. I want to chase them. I want to achieve them ", she spoke with her eyes shimmering with determination .

"Enough Sanyukta! Now Get ready quickly. And have these flowers pinned in your hair. They will be here anytime ", her mother chipped with finality and left the room.

Sanyukta sat there with her hands covering her face. She let out a sigh and then smiled in the next instance as she got an idea. She quickly composed herself and said ,
"Fine !! I'll get ready and come out in ten minutes "

Her dad stood still with his eyes wide open and jaw dropped low. He was reluctant to move.

"Don't worry son! She will not run away.", her grandma snubbed her son.

"You might make her do so, by reminding it , even if she did not have an idea of doing that ", her father blurted out before walking out of the room.

****************************************************************************************

Next part in the evening...