Part # 15

The gleaming brightness of the morning sun rays passing through the window of her bedroom , fell on her face and made her roll over to the other side of the bed. She covered her face with the quilt and continued to enjoy her morning sleep which she never got during the weekdays. Her peaceful slumber was disturbed by the sound of her mobile ringing near her ear .

"Hello", she answered the call in a sleepy voice .

"Hey! Good morning...", the voice from the other side said.

She rubbed her eyes and tried to open them.

"Did you see the newspaper?", Randhir's voice slowly brought her to senses.

"Good morning, Randhir . No I did not", she spoke in between a yawn.

Randhir sensed that she needed sometime. He disconnected the call and waited for her to call him back.

She called him back in the twentieth minute.

"Hey!!", she exclaimed. "I saw that", she smiled.

A famous national Newspaper was conducting a Cookery competition in Bengaluru , to promote their newly launched Food magazine called, 'Flavors'.

The participants were supposed to post the picture and recipe of their signature dish and the panel of chefs would short list twenty contestants. These twenty contestants would get a chance to cook in two rounds at the 'Flavours' magazine's backyard studio and the winner would get a chance to post their recipes or food ideas or any food related content in their magazine.

The recipes were to be submitted in a week's time while the phase-off cooking at the studio was due in a fortnight's time.

"That's huge!!!", she exclaimed.

"Just think about Elite Catering's popularity if you win it ", Randhir re-iterated it.
"We don't have much time. Just work on the dish which you would be sending as your Signature dish"

Sanyukta was enthralled and at the same time bewildered. Her mind raced. It was a great opportunity for her . Her mind rushed with ideas. She thought about it all day at office.

Two days later....

Randhir felt that he should call Sanyukta and check on her progress. As he dialed her number, an excited Sanyukta answered his call.

"Randhir !! Can you come over? I have come up with a dish. I just want you to see it", she said .

"Wow!! That's great . I'm really excited to see it but I'm sorry I can't come to your place. I am stuck up in office right now . You can send me the picture ", Randhir replied casually.

"But you don't use the App that supports Multimedia transfer , right??", Sanyukta asked with her excitement slowly fading away.

Randhir bit his tongue. He couldn't afford to make mistakes at this point of time when things were getting in his favour . He was just a step away from gaining her trust.

"Hey listen!! I'm Sorry. I was just held up here and was a little out of mind", he managed. "I will be there in an hour ", he chipped before disconnecting the call.

An hour later, as Randhir reached Sanyukta's house, he expected a marvel in front of him. But all he could see was golden potatoes, a cup of rice, Panner tikka in a skewer , red cabbage and capsicum cut into thin strips .