Part # 13

A couple of days later, as Sanyukta reached home from work, she hopped out of the car and climbed the stairs just to see Randhir waiting for her at her doorstep with a huge package wrapped in a shimmering red paper.

"Hey!!! ", she exclaimed .

"Hello!!!", he smiled at her.

She unlocked the door of her flat and let Randhir inside. He struggled and somehow managed to get the box inside.

"What is inside the box?? ", she asked.

"Well, That's my gift to the most fascinating cook in the world", he chipped with a broad smile.

Sanyukta was awestruck. She did not expect this. She wasn't sure if she should accept his gift or not. Yes they were developing a good friendship but Who was she to him?? She had so many questions running in her mind.

"Well ... What is there no need to ponder on it so much? It is just a gift not my heart ", he smiled mischievously as though he read her mind.

She didn't respond.

"Oh come on ! There's nothing to hesitate. I'm sure you'll love it and you will play with it like a pro!! ", he exclaimed .

"Is it a Persian Kitten or a Pug puppy?", she asked raising her brow.

"Well that would've also been a good choice but you're going to love it even more ", he said intriguing her further.

As she unwrapped, all that her hands could feel was untangled long stripes which ended in a plug. She slowly uncovered the whole gift to see a brand new Oven.

She eyed him with awe while he was gratified to see the happiness in her eyes...

"It's Wonderful!!! Thank you so much", she spoke amidst her smile.

He winked at her, gesturing as if there was nothing to mention.

"Now you won't have to run and pull out a hot pizza stone with bare hands", he smiled and added, "Hurt less and work more"

His smile was like the balmy days of the late summer while his presence was comforting. She felt that she could hold his hand and move mountains easily.

'Isn't it too soon ', her mind reminded her making her panic at her own thought.

'No Sanyukta!! Sometimes it's just the instincts and even a fraction of second is too long', her heart convinced her .

'Am I in love ', she asked herself.

"Helooo!!!!", his voice broke her chain of thoughts and brought her back .

"Dreaming about me ???", he asked with a crooked smile.

"What !!!!!!", she exclaimed widening her eyes.

"Relax!! I was just kidding. I know you won't dream about anything else other than Pizzas and cakes ", he laughed.

"Hmmm".

"You have octopus hands. Multitasking is your greatest asset. I hope that an extra oven will help you a little", he complemented.

"I am so excited to use this. Thank you so much!! ", she exclaimed.

"Please !! enough of thanking me. Now can I get a cup of coffee?", he grinned.

"Yeah sure!", she said before making her way to the fridge to get milk while he arranged the oven in the kitchen for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Off late I sense some difference in time you", Tanya asked Sanyukta while they were having lunch in office the next day .

"Really? What kind of difference ?", Sanyukta frowned trying to understand her question.

"You seem to be much more confident these days ", Tanya said .

"I have got a good idea and direction of how I should progress with 'Elite Catering ' "

"Yes , I've see the tremendous response to your group", Tanya nodded her head.

"Not Just that. Look at this", Sanyukta showed her mobile.

"Elite Catering Page in Facebook!!!", Tanya exclaimed.

"Yes. It was his idea", Sanyukta smiled. "He asked me to make a page and slowly invite all my friends and make them like it. Also, when someone places an order, I would post a pic of it on the page and thank them for the order. By this way the page would get more popular and so would be my restaurant"

"Yeh Sab toh theek hai . But iss Sab mein who is that 'He'??", Tanya asked raising a brow.

"He..... ", Sanyukta smiled. "His name is Randhir " . Her smile lured Tanya to talk further.

"RANDHIR.... hmm.. Tell me more about him . Like Where and how did you meet him?", Tanya chipped excitedly.

Sanyukta narrated everything, right from the  rainy day's Aloo paratha order until the gift

Sanyukta narrated everything, right from the rainy day's Aloo paratha order until the gift.

"You are so fascinated to talk about him. What is going on?", Tanya asked again.

"It is too early for that."

"Well I thought you were just attracted to him, but you assumed that I was talking talk about love

"Well I thought you were just attracted to him, but you assumed that I was talking talk about love.", Tanya nudged Sanyukta .
"You have fallen for him", Tanya assured.

"It is time to get back to work. Come on , let's go ", Sanyukta pulled Tanya by her arm and dragged her out of the cafeteria.

She got an answer for the question she had last night.

****************************************************************************************