Chapter 23: The Confession

Krissy's Point of View
I turned around, letting myself forget only to be remembered instantly. There he was, the boy I was crazy about. The boy I wanted to forget. It seemed as if we were in this trance and we couldn't break free. My eyes were locked with his and I could only see him.

"Kris." I heard my name be called. I ignored it, only focusing on him. He seemed relieved as we continued our small staring contest. My heart was still beating at a hundred miles per hour as the butterflies in my stomach fluttered their wings at a matching speed. I was suddenly nervous. What was he doing here? He isn't supposed to be here!

"Krissy? Are you alright?" I heard Morgan say. I broke our eye connection, turning to look at my best friend. I nodded. I would be.

"Yeah. I just need some air." I said to her. She nodded, giving me a weird look as she studied my movements. I gave her a small smile before disappearing in the crowd of warm bodies. I walked straight towards the kitchen, wanting an out. I needed to get out of this house before my thoughts were consumed by him, but that was too late.

He wasn't supposed to be here. I wasn't supposed to see him. I wanted to forget he existed. My heart had to forget. I had to forget. I wanted nothing more than to run into his arms but I knew that was nothing but a dream. Blake didn't have feelings for me.

All my life I read Wattpad books, reading how the unpopular nerdy, shy girl always got the attractive, popular athletic guy and now I thought that that was going to be me, my life. I'm stupid to think that Blake would even want me, like me.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I mumbled to myself. I sat down on one of the lawn chairs that littered in the backyard. People were making s'mores, enjoying the last bit of 2017. They laughed and joked as if nothing was wrong. Others were standing near the pool, pretending to push each other in. If they did, i'm sure they'd die of hypothermia.

"You're gonna get sick." I heard a husky voice say behind me. A thick, warm coat covered my shoulders. I looked behind me, gasping for air. Blake was standing there, watching me. I hugged his coat closer to my body, not knowing what to say or do. It's as if I was in a state of shock. "Krissy, i'm sorry."

I widened my eyes. Did Blake Tyler just apologize to me again? I didn't know what to say, except why. I didn't deserve an apology. He acted correctly to my news, not doing anything wrong. I should be the one apologizing. I'm the one that lied. I kept my double life a secret.

"Blake." I whispered. I wanted nothing more than to tell him how complete of an idiot I was. I wanted to tell him that i'm sorry for pretending for so long. I wanted to say that everything I said or felt when I was Kate was how I felt when i'm myself. I especially wanted to tell him how crazy I am about him.

"Krissy, can we go to my room? It's beginning to snow and you are barely wearing anything." He said offering me his hand. I looked at it. My heart was telling me to take it while my brain said to go back home and finish watching 90210. I knew this party was going to be a bad idea, but here I was. I needed to make a choice and I knew my heart already made it for me.

"Okay." I whispered. I placed my small hand in his, feeling a spark run down my spine. I suddenly felt like I was whole again. Like there was nothing wrong in the world, but I knew I was far from it.

"Come on." Blake said. I stood up from the chair, following him inside. We marched through drunk teenagers, earning stares from those who weren't. But in that moment, I didn't even care. All I could focus on was that I was holding Blake's hand and he didn't currently hate me.

The warmth from the party wrapped around me, adding to the heat I felt when Blake was around. My heart was beating uncontrollably, making me forget where I was. I tripped on the last step of the staircase, feeling his arm wrap around my waist. I steadied myself, feeling embarrassment.