Chapter 27: The Dance

Blake's Point of View
I sat there in awe. This was unbelievable. I couldn't even wrap my head around it. How was this even happening to me? Out of all people, I'm lucky enough to pursue my dream. It was unrealistic, especially for how I was. I don't deserve this second chance.

I used to be the guy that hated his mom. I couldn't stand to be in the same room. News about her only angered me. I didn't want anything to do with her and now I want her in my life. I want her to know me.

I used to be the bad boy. The one everyone wanted to be or be with. I used to be the guy that slept with girls for fun and then threw them out the next day, not caring about them. I used to be the guy that stole money, raced cars, and even joined a gang. I was the guy who smoked everything imaginable and drank every ounce of alcohol possible. I hated school and I hated being told what to do even more. But then something clicked.

I quit the gang. They weren't too happy but I paid them off. So, they left me alone. I stopped smoking illegal drugs and stayed with cigarettes, but even that I don't do much anymore. I kept drinking and using girls but that slowly died down. I still showed up to school because I wanted to play football. All I ever had in my life was football.

Then I met Krissy, well Kate. It was supposed to be the same thing with her. Sleep with Kate and then drop her. But there was something about her that I couldn't let go of. Slowly, I understood Krissy and got to know her. I started liking her as a friend and before you knew it, I loved her.

I'm extremely happy I didn't leave her, use her. Because of Krissy, I now have a future i'm looking forward to. I'm graduating high school in a couple of weeks. I practically got a full ride to UCLA for football. My grades have improved tremendously. I fixed my relationship with my mother. My sister is my best friend. Lastly, I now have a steady girlfriend.

Krissy changed my life. Yes, she lied to me in the beginning. She pretended to be this girl and then hid it from me. She made me fall for both of them. It was horrible because I felt used and unwanted. I felt played by my own game, as but I learned from it all.

I learned that you can find love in unimaginable places. You can find things you were looking for in places you weren't looking in. I found love with a nerd. I love this nerd and she loves me. She helped me gain a future, a family, and love. Krissy is amazing and that's why I vow to always love her. No matter where life takes me, Krissy will always be at the finish line. It may take a few months or even a few years to reach it, but I will. I promise I always will.

-

"Smack that! All on the floor. Smack that! Give me some more!" Sophie shouted at the top of her lungs. She was smacking a pillow and moving her hips. With my eyes closed, I covered my ears.

I will never be able to hear that song again. My sister cannot sing that kind of song in front of me. I don't even care if she's dating my best friend. I don't want to hear about or see my sister's sex life. I'm scarred forever now.

"I think my ears are bleeding." I said trying to forget the god awful image. It was engraved into my brain.

"Oh chill Blake. You know that's going to be you in Krissy after prom." Sophie teased. I grabbed a random pillow from her bed and threw it at her. I aimed at her head, perfectly hitting her square in the face. "Hey!"

"What Soph? Can't see your brother hitting you?" I teased. She narrowed her eyes at me and stuck her tongue out. I rolled my eyes. She was so childish, but it's one of the things I love about her.

No matter what happens, she is always going to be here for me. We were apart for years but as soon as we were reunited, it was like she never left. We get along almost all the time and we have all the same friends. She's my twin sister for a reason.