2. turbulence

**picture: Pilatus C12 interior

Kurt dragged his feet, grabbing the back of each seat on his way, as he tried to remember why on earth did he ever take his job in the first place. He hated so many things about it as he tried to reach the first row. Working at the office for the team, and pull some late nights, he loved it. But he hated field work. He hated working on weekends. He hated getting up early on weekends. He hated especially that they'd waken him up halfway to Ohio, depriving him of two good hours of extra sleep, and how fresh and focused they all seemed to be.

Ron gave him his seat and Kurt dropped himself on it to scowl at the others. "What," he growled.

Gillian gave him her tablet, showing a two-story house on street view. "We need eyes inside that house."

Kurt handed his glasses over to her.

"Kurt!"

Gillian's snarl lashed him wide awake. He rubbed his eyes and put his glasses back on. "Okay, okay. I heard you. Regular cameras are out of the question?"

"No time to wait for a chance to bug the house," Ron said.

"So you guys wanna use any webcam they may have."

"Yes. Can you hack their Wi-Fi?" asked Aldana.

"Sure, but it's gonna take a while."

"How can you speed it up?" asked Gillian.

"With their password?" Kurt noticed the hostile eyes on him and arched his eyebrows. "Hey, you asked."

"Hank was talking about cliché ruses," said Fred. "Can't we jam their Wi-Fi and cell phone signal?"

Kurt studied the picture on the tablet and moved the map to see what was around the house. Then he showed it to Gillian and pointed at a telephone pole. "There. That's the wiring you need to tamper."

"What d'you guys have in mind?" Ron asked.

Hank huffed under his breath. "The cable guy."

Gillian shot a death glare at Hank, sick and tired. "Making them call their internet provider," she said to Ron. "We can tap their phone line and take the call. Asking for your password can be considered part of the regular procedure."

"But you're supposed to change it as soon as you hang up," argued Hank.

"Jesus!" Gillian snarled. "Do we need a bootie call to shake it off?"

Hank blushed, taking mortal offense.

"I'll get in before they change it," said Kurt. "Can I go back to sleep now?"

Gillian snorted, standing up roughly, and kicked Kurt's feet out of the way as she circled her seat toward the coffee machine.

"Guys, really," Aldana scolded them.