Chapter #3

I woke up with the sound of azan and continued to be in bed for a while till azaan finished, I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed. I made my way to do wuzu. Once I was done praying fajar, I folded mat. The slow breeze entering my room made me smile, while I mummbled SubhanAllah.

It's been 2 days since we attended that business party and after our last conversation , Shuja is completely avoiding me more likely ignoring me and guess what I don't know the reason. I tried to talk to him but it was useless because he never answers me , we live like strangers. Complete strangers I tell you. He doesn't eats breakfast, lunch or dinner with me. Maria,  our maid who is quite friendly to me even doubts our relation but like always a wife saves her husband from humiliation. I don't know when this ignorance and all will end. It hurts right! Seeing your husband ignoring you and treating you just a burden. That's what I am to everyone, a burden, first to my mother and now to him.

Anyways, I let go these wordly thoughts and take Quran with me to the garden, the light breeze and remembering Almight Allah is best combo. I sit at chair and start reading Quran in a light voice, since no one was in garden at this time I felt to read it with some volume.

Shuja's PoV

I prayed my fajr in masjid and started to head back to my house. Since these two days were no less than a torture I thought to connect with Allah to find peace. I am not regular in offering prayers but I try my best.

I've been avoiding Zara from past two days , reason is quite weird. I mean I don't want to get attracted to zara , since I love Samaira. It would be my greatest mistake if I started to feel for zara. I can't cheat samaira and our 2 years long relationship , She loves me and I love her (may be).

Great, I am not even sure. I sarcastically commented over myself. I was about to go further when i heard a melodic voice, someone reciting Quran.  I don't know what got me but I made my way towards the garden from where voice was coming and saw Zara reciting it. I smiled and stood behind her closing my eyes, trying to dissolve myself into the recitation. It continued for a while but then she stopped it in mid, I opened my eyes and saw her already looking at me. Our gaze met, she looked so innocent that I wanted to kiss her forehead but heyy! Shaitan get out of my way. Ughh.

"Why did you stop?" I asked her as I wanted to listen to her voice. She smiled and believe you me her smile can get anyone crazy I bet. She looked so pure and innocent.

"You can sit beside me and I'll continue it" as she said it, I smile a bit and quickly sat beside her and she continued to read the Quran.

"Aren't we couple goals"? I smiled thinking about it and again got lost into her voice. It was best feeling ever.

Eventually she ended Surah, and we made a supplication. I completed my dua and looked at her whose eyes were still closed , for the first time ever I was looking at her like this. I noticed her big eye lashes, the chubby red cheeks, straight edged nose. I was all set to get lost into maze of her beauty when she suddenly opened her eyes and I averted my gaze.

"Astagfirullah" I was staring her , but she is my wife and she is halal. What's happening to me. I let go these thoughts and for the first time I thought to initiate any conversation with her.

"So how's your day going" I asked and mentally face palmed myself, Am I mad or what?? The day has started now and.... I come out of my thoughts as I hear her chuckle.

"Mr Shuja , you don't even know how to start any conversation" I nodded as she said it with bit of sarcasam in her voice.

"Well let me start conversation then" I again nodded as she said it. "So how's your girl friend, i don't know her name even" She asked with a lil laugh. I was surprised , like how can a wife ask about her husband-s girlfriend but may be we don't share so called husband wife bond.