14-he knows?

Onika's pov....

How can I be so stupid I should have anticipated something like this would happen as soon as I heard of this 'new boss' facade. I should have ran away with Alex far away from here even before he arrived. I am trapped now. How do I run away with these two hawk keeping an eye on me.

He haven't changed a bit. How can he threaten everyone's job like that. He is still the same immoral bastard. Then again what else did I expected out of him he was never a good person I was just too love sick to admit that. I can't believe I married this sick person of my own free will. I should have thrown the ring right at his face when he proposed to me . Now It's my fault that everyone's job is in danger. If not for me he wouldn't have ever come here. May be he is doing this to get at me for running away.

My attention was diverted as someone knocked at my door."come in."
"You are miss Onika Coulin?" It was Agustin's assistant, I know because after Agustin's speech he gave us a lecture on a whole list of fucked up rules we need to follow if we want to save our jobs.

" Yes I am." I said in a timid voice because I know where it's gonna lead.
"I am James Knight, Mr Agustin's assistant." he said in a tone that even a deaf will deduce how proud he was of it. Even his face was dripping with arrogance.

' And unfortunately I am his wife you idiot but see there is nothing to be proud of it. If anything you should be ashamed of working for a monster like him.' I wanted to shout at him and knock some sense in his tiny brain but restrained myself. Shouting at him won't do me any good. I need to pull my shit together and think of a way out.

Fuck I knew this was going to happen I can't avoid him for much longer. Whom am I fooling now there is no way out. I need to be strong and face him. I can't always run away like a thief every time at least not with Alex at my back .

And anyways there is no where to run he will chase me to the end of the world just for his own sadistic pleasure. The only thing I know is that with out his approval I can't get rid of him. It's only he who can free me of himself now there is no denying that. I need to convince him to leave me alone and I have no damn idea how I am going to do that.

His assistant was giving me an impatient look"Okay, how can I help you" I feigned innocence I clearly know why he is here. "You have been summoned by Mr. Agustin in his office. I can escort you if you want." The urgency in his voice clearly showed that he will loose his job if I didn't go with him. Well I already have the burden of many people's job on my shoulder I don't want to add to the list. So I took a deep breath and said. "After you."

As I lifted my hand to knock at his cabin door. I realized my hands were shaking badly. I steadied myself, I don't want him to know how scared I am.I took a deep breath remembering Alex's smiling face which is the only source of strength in my fucked up life and knocked.
"Come in" came his ever so intimidating voice but it has an element of softness in it or may be I have imagined it.

As soon as I entered his cabin he abruptly stood up. I looked at his face he looked nervous. Which proves that I have gone completely insane because Agustin Deluca and nervousness are the two things what will never go together.

He motioned me to sit on the chair opposite to him. I expected him to shout at me as soon as he lay his eye on me and not as if we are some old school friends going to have a chat over coffee. I walked Upto the chair and stood beside it. He took a step towards me and I visibly stiffened He sensed that and stopped midway his expression looked hurt, why so I can't understand.

I don't know what is happening here to be frank this is scaring me even more may be this is the calm before the storm.

"Onika" my name rolled off his tongue in a painfully slow manner as if merely taking my name is causing him so much pain. I guess that is the extent of hate he has for me. He was going to open his mouth again to speak something but Before he could do that I spoke first.