Chapter Eight

A/N Heyo...been a while...shit has been happening irl...never really stops, let's be honest here. But here is an update anyway :)

I am also working on an update for Lucid, which should be up maybe next weekend...and then I will be on holidays for two weeks, so maybe a few more updates to follow as well...

------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes snap open at the sensation of something nudging my shoulder. I look around to see that it was Moon. On instant alert I look back to Liam, expecting something to be wrong but instead, he was sleeping soundly. Confused and a little irritated that I was woken up, I frown in her direction as my muscles naturally tense with the need to bolt if anyone made any sudden movements.

"Have something to eat," she stares as the little girl from before places a chipped bowl with something like soup sloshing at the edges. I notice that it's more liquid than anything else, most likely to extend their supplies. I wasn't one to argue free food and immediately brought it to my lips.

I was right, it was basically heated up, watered down tomato juice with a few shreds of chicken and mushrooms floating in it. But it was probably the first hot meal I've had in months and this was fresh chicken meat. I didn't hide my desperation and drank half of the bowl in one gulp. Looking up, I was unabashed towards the stares that I earned as I continued and finished the meal. Wiping my mouth, I set the bowl down beside me.

I then turned to looked back at Liam and began to check his leg and saw that it needed changing. Cleaning and reapplying the bandages, I placed the used materials with the rest of the accumulating rubbish and stood, heading towards the storage room once again. I was half hoping these idiots were uncaring enough to pick up a hazard waste bin where I could dump the used needles and bloodied rags. Sure enough I found the familiar yellow bin and I shoved it all in.

Feeling someone's presence, my head whips behind me and I see the crazy mystic watching me like I was some sort of new animal. Meifeng gives me with a knowing smirk and it was slightly unnerving. Seeing that she wasn't moving anywhere anytime soon, I try to walk passed her back to Moon. Walking back out into the open observation room, I see that Moon was darkly discussing something with River who soon turned on his heel and left the room, his shoulder just missing mine because I tipped mine back slightly to dodge it.

"You came back?" Moon half jokes as her eyes rested on me.

"What else would you expect? Despite what he says and thinks, he has quite the stubborn morality hidden underneath all those prickles." Meifeng came up behind me.

I almost jump. Almost.

Moon actually grins.

"How is he?" Meifeng, looks over at Liam.

"He's asleep...that's all I know..." Moon then turns her stare back at me, half expecting me to continue it.

Begrudgingly I sighed, "I still don't know." How can I know? "As long as he sleeps and easts easy food for the next few weeks, who knows. It'll take a good couple of months for the blood count to be back to normal if we're speaking in terms of how things used to be, but with how it is here and now..." I shrug. I then chucked a bottle at Moon's face, "Here." The small white bottle rattles as she just manages to catch it. "Iron tablets. He'll eventually need to take these. Quite sure you can manage that much on your own."

Moon's lips thin out, obviously not used to someone uncaring of her role in her clan. But she accepted it without complaint. Interesting.

Just who is this 'Liam' to be so important enough that she's willing even listen to a stranger like me?