Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I am feeling about the same level of surreal that I did when I woke up here, except because I was being led by Skull, his shaggy photocopy, and all of Ghost's group out onto the street in front of the hotel that Dark Sol had forced me to call home for several weeks. I don't fully understand what exactly Skull was hoping for, unless it was to see Bass squawk, then his plan was a success.

"Why are you going along with this? How do we know this isn't a trap set up by Pyros?" He was loudly protesting the entire time.

I'm beginning to see him as a parrot. An angry parrot. Does he ever take a moment to breathe?

"Which is why you aren't coming," Skull says simply.

And he just went louder, "What!?"

But the minute Skull mutters something to him, he shuts up and scampers off somewhere. Hopefully far away and not looking at returning any time soon.

"I'm coming along as well," Shadow pops up behind us like a-well a shadow.

Skull shrugs, "Do what you want."

"What's made you decide to come along?" The twin asks with genuine surprise.

"I don't want to lose sight of Ghost," Shadow replies simply.

"Makes sense, eh?" Skull answers back while ruffling Shadow's hair before heading over to Ghost. "You lot are playing by our rules."

"Wouldn't want it any other way," Silver quips before Ghost could stop her.

Ghost glares at Silver before looking back at Skull, all emotion masked, "Lead the way then."

Why am I even going along with this? They know the way...if anything goes wrong, they can be the distraction... and I can finally get away from Moon and –

"Want me to tag along?" Echo says beside me.

-Her, "No."

"Aw."

"Echo." Moon stood in front of me. "You know half of Necrosis would take pleasure in taking pot-shots at you from the buildings."

"Never stopped me before."

"Echo!" Moon snaps.

"Yeah, yeah," Echo waves a hand back at her. "I got it." And like that she disappears back into the building, probably to find her next victim to annoy.

I turn back to Moon, "You're fine with Shadow coming along?"

"You try to stop him, then."

"Moon..." I warn her.

She smirks. "Exactly. This time, I'm going to stay put. I have this weird feeling that something else is going on and I need to figure out what exactly it is...and I don't want to risk.."

"Why are you defending yourself to me?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Because you've done a lot and I feel like we haven't repaid back properly."

"You've given me a bed and food. Isn't that enough?"

"I suppose..."

I look back at her. "Look, Moon. I've been wanting to say that I need to move on pretty soon."

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that."

I frown, "Why?" Why would she want me to stick around so much? It's not like I have an award-winning personality.

She sighs, "Don't worry...look, if you want to come back after this... I'll keep the door open for you."

"...Thanks..."