twenty nine

"Ally," a soft voice called as I was gently shaken from my sleep. "Al, you've gotta wake up."

"What time is it?" I yawned out, stretching my arms as I turned over on the couch.

As my eyes began to adjust to the light in the room, I could start to make out a still shirtless Tyler sitting on the coffee table across from me.

"Let's just say your alarm went off a while ago," he answered my question rather vaguely, causing me to groan. I really didn't like being late. "You looked way too comfortable for me to disturb you."

Once I'd gained enough strength to get up, I headed into the bathroom to wash my face, the cold water shocking me to life and further boosting my energy. I had just thirty minutes to get myself in a fit state for work, and although I highly doubted that we'd both be ready in such a short amount of time, I wanted to make sure we were was as close to on time as possible.

"I made you a coffee," he set the mug down on the bathroom vanity, placing a rather hesitant peck on my forehead, as if to gauge my reaction.

"Thanks," I smiled, turning my head to place a simple kiss to his lips. "Could you possibly pick out some clothes for me while I do my makeup?"

"Heck yeah," his eyes lit up as though he'd been waiting his whole life for this opportunity. "Where's your wardrobe?"

I pointed him in the right direction, not really sure whether trusting him with my outfit was the greatest idea, but not really having many other options. While he dug through my cupboards, I did some simple makeup and tied up my hair in a messy bun.

"So what will it be?" I asked as I made my way over to where he was standing by the couch.

"Okay hear me out," he had a smirk on his face, making me just a little worried. "This skirt," he held up a short black pencil skirt, "that top," he pointed to a short-sleeved white turtleneck, "and this super cool blazer," he grabbed an oversized dusty-brown blazer from the table beside him.

The outfit was actually pretty neat, and reminded me of one of the sets I'd put together to taunt him just weeks before.

"Oh, and your black stilettos," he added, "which I didn't have time to find."

"Alright then," I smiled, collecting up the clothes and heading back to the bathroom to get changed.

Once I'd done so, I looked into the mirror, loving what I saw. The outfit somehow worked perfectly together, and was the perfect balance of smart and sexy.

"If your business every goes bust," I began as I entered the main room once more, drawing his attention away from his phone and onto the masterpiece he'd created for me, "then I reckon fashion design is your calling."

"And if that happens," he replied, closing the distance between us as he placed his hand on my waist, "then I'd highly recommend modelling as a career for you."

"I could be your muse," I chuckled.

"You already are."

"Ok you've gotta stop being so cute," I tried to diffuse the tension by placing a playful kiss on his cheek.

"No can do, babe," he chuckled. "Anyways, if you're good to go then we should go get me changed."

"True," I returned to reality. "What's the time now?"

"Seven," he replied. "So every minute now is a minute you have to make up for with overtime."

The tone of his voice hinted that he was just messing around, but I really did take stuff like that seriously. With that in mind, I quickly went around my place making sure everything was good to be left for the day. I then grabbed my phone and keys from the table, heading out the door with Tyler trailing behind me in his half-damp fully-stained shirt from last night.