Chapter FortyTwo

"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses."
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, A Little Princess

Seth left me to rest after kissing me delirious once more, telling me that I still had to heal. Except, I felt too restless to rest. I had had an information over load of the last few weeks, and my mind couldn't settle on one issue to work through at a time, instead trying to think of all of them at once.

After trying for about an hour, I huffed in defeat before getting up, tugging my sweater down and made my way down stairs.

Just as I got to the top of the stair, raised voices caught my attention, though I couldn't hear what was going on. Now intrigued, I quickly follow the noise into to living-room. The moment I stepped in, everything fell silent as I looked about.

Seth was standing tall and tense, arms crossed firmly over his chest with an unimpressed look, just behind him, Cole was standing in an identical stance. To his left on the couch sat Nate, though he looked anything but relaxed, perched on the edge of his seat and back poker straight. Zack was leaning against the wall opposite Seth and Cole, an arm slung lazily over Greys shoulder as he glared, and Grey was frowning, and gripping onto Zacks belt round his waist.

And in the centre of them all stood a woman, vaguely familiar in high heels, shorts that were entirely too short and showed too much of her bum peeking out and a dangerously low cut top, her lacy bra showing. Her hair was curled and cascaded down her shoulders and back in dark lush looking curls, her make up pristine. She looked fresh out of some fashion magazine.

Her red painted lips were in a small pout, thick lashes framing her small widened hazel eyes as she seemingly blinked up at Seth.

"Er, what's going on?" I asked as all eyes turned to me.

"Baby! Tell the help to leave us in peace, I have a lot of making up to do. And she's wearing entirely too little round you for my liking." The girl whined, Sneering at me briefly before pouting up at Seth again. I was slightly taken aback, jaw open as I didn't know what to say. Though I didn't need to say anything as Cole growled out for me.

"She's not a fucking worker, she lives here there for above you so get some damned respect for whose house your in."

The girls eyes light up a little but that didn't make me feel any better.

"Your dad found a little whore to finally fuck!?" She exclaimed almost excitedly. Almost immediately Seth bared his teeth, a feral like growl escaping him, Nate jumping up to tower over the girl though I couldn't see his face, Zack dropping his grip of Grey and stepping forward with a frightening expression and Cole had dropped his arms, fists balled tightly as his jaw clenched tightly.