Damon

Elena's cell phone goes off, waking up the four of us

Elena's cell phone goes off, waking up the four of us. Caroline promptly pushes Elena out of bed while I groan in annoyance.

"Hello?"Elena asks as she answers the phone.

The three of us all look over at Elena, each, in turn, pulling faces at her while scowling.

"Shhh," Bonnie groans. "Elena," Caroline groans. "Stooop," I cry, burying my head into Bonnie's neck and trying to fall back to sleep.

Elena drags herself out of Caroline's room and continues her conversation in the hallway.

"Further away Lena, some of us have a supernatural hearing," I moan out as Caroline buries her face into my hair.

"I can't get back to sleep." Caroline groans to which Bonnie nods her head.

"This is all your fault Elena," The three of us yell out in sync.

___________________________________________________________

Caroline, Bonnie and I sit at a small table at the grill, sipping on our drinks.

"Okay. So tell me about this big, witchy plan you've been cooking up." Caroline asks Bonnie whilst I mess around with my straw.

"We still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up to" Bonnie replies.

"You know," I add on the end," He's not actually that bad" The both of them sigh.

"So, I'm gonna ask Luka to tell me what he knows," Bonnie says.

"And he's not gonna tell you anything," Caroline replies as if it were the most simple thing in the world.

"Who's Luka?" I ask, causing the two girls to laugh as I frown in pure confusion.

"Right, I'm going home, I'll see you both later" I say as they both continue to laugh.

__________________________________________________________

The Historical Society's Tea Party has begun. Elijah and my Mother are speaking with each other as they sip their tea, myself sitting awkwardly next to Elijah as everyone talks about important stuff. I already regret leaving the girls, Mum won't let me leave.

" Have you spent much time in Richmond for your book? There's such a wealth of history there. "My Mum asks him

" No, I'm focusing mostly on the smaller regions of Virginia. Lots of research. Strictly academic." I smirk, knowing that is just a cover story.

" That's fascinating," Mum says, her eyes widening in interest.

Damon enters the house. Jenna intercepts him hastily.

"Damon, what are you doing here?" Jenna asks him, half annoyed by his presence.

Andie walks up to Jenna and Damon, notepad in hand. Damon looks over at her and smiles.

"Who's that?" Elijah whispers into my ear, nudging my side.

"Damon's slut, Andie Star," I reply, picking his hand up to play with his fingers, my Mum looks at me weirdly, only now realising that we already know each other from my casual position and openness with him

"Hi. You came " Andie says to him excitedly.

"Hi," Damon says, failing to match her level of excitement.

Damon pecks Andie on the lips. Jenna looks at the two, surprised and extremely uncomfortable.

"Thanks for introducing us, Jenna. " Damon says, walking off and leaving her in a state of shock.

Damon then approaches Mum, Lijah and I.

" Damon" Mum says politely.

"Carol," He greets her back.

"What a surprise, "My Mum says, as they kiss each other on the cheeks, myself gagging in disgust while Elijah smiles at me.

" Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls' founding families." My mother says as Elijah quickly removes his smile from his face.

"Mm-hm." Damon hums looking at Elijah" Such a pleasure to meet you."

" No. Pleasure's mine " Elijah says, shaking his hand.

________________________________________________________

"What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asks, standing behind the chair that I am sitting on, his hands resting on my shoulders.

"I was hoping we could have a word," Damon replies in a robotic like voice.

"Where's Elena?" Elijah asks as I frown at the mention of her name.

"Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know, a bit of a werewolf problem." He replies as I fake cough repetitively, trying to show that I am not invisible and that I am also a werewolf. Damon rolls his eyes at me, clearly still annoyed about our conversation last night.

"Oh, yeah, I heard about that" Elijah says.

"I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day," Damon says.

"Jonas?" I ask, looking up at Elijah who nods at me.

"You are welcome" Elijah replies, formally.

Damon then sits down on the desk, much to my distaste.

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here," Damon says, trying and failing to match Elijah's formal tone.

"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me" Elijah replies, being his mysterious self.

Elijah moves to exit the room, but Damon vamp-speeds in front of him, blocking the way out.

"Not good enough" Damon snarls as if he actually stands a chance against Elijah.

Elijah grabs Damon by the throat and vamp-speeds him into a wall. Damon, in retaliation, grabs Elijah's throat, attempting to close his airways. Elijah grabs Damon's hand and easily pulls it off of his neck, making sure to crush Damon's hand as he does so. Damon groans in pain, while I sit merrily in the background, inspecting my nails.

" You young vampires, so arrogant, " Elijah says, as he releases his death grip on Damon's hand. Elijah whips out a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes the blood off his hands.

"Classy," I say, earning my self a wink from Elijah.

" I'm an Original. Show a little respect." Elijah says, handing Damon his handkerchief to clean his wound.

I clap my hands together, saying to Elijah, "Ever so modest." Sarcastically.

"The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do what I say. Keep Elena safe. And keep sweet Evie out of trouble."I roll my eyes as if Damon could keep me on a leash.

Elijah then leaves the room, leaving Damon to wallow in despair.

_____________________________________________________________