Seeing red

The light shines brightly, creating rays of light that hit against my eyes, causing me to squint whilst my eyes adjust to the light. I bring my hand to my forehead, dispelling a line of sweat, rubbing it, like a lady, down my navy blue jeans. The weather is hot, but to hot to be comforting.

I stare around me, turning in circles to take in every angle of the view. I'm in a meadow, nothing to it, completely alone.

"Klaus!" I call out, but receive no answer.

"Elijah!" I call out, with the same results.

Muttering curses under my breath, I walk in the direction of trees... You can't get any loster than lost. I flinch as my feet make contact with the moist leaves, littering the ground. The air more welcome as the shade from the trees blocks the sun. For support, knowing already that my clumsy legs will force me to trip, I grip the bark of a tree, pulling it away immediately, a warm liquid painting my hand.

I narrow my eyes, trying to see it with the lack of light. The air gets stuck in my throat upon realisation of what it is.

My eyes snap open as I pant heavily, a restraint on my waist stopping my body from snapping me up also. I turn to my side, the darkness in the room not t all helping with my situation. I panic, only calming down when I feel the familiar electric in my neck from lips pressing softly against it.

"Shhh." He calms me, continuing the loving action.

"It's just a bad dream.Just a bad dream." He coos, massaging my neck with his lips until sleep hits me once again...

_____________________________________________________

Being in the previous Mikaelson mansion is not weird, it has become normal to me, switching between mansions, one after the other.

"Are you watching this, Mother? Nothing says "I loathe you" quite like desecrating a corpse!"Klaus yells into the air, a lighter in one hand and my hand in the other. I stare at my other hand uncomfortably, the image of red blood on it flashing in and out of my head, working at my nerves.

" Niklaus!" The noble Mikaelson calls out, halting Klaus from burning the coffin.

Klaus turns around, myself turning with him, Elijah's body coming into sight as he hurries towards the plantation.

"You seem troubled. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were worried." Elijah says, his tone calm as he stands before us.

" What has she done to you?" Klaus asks with a sigh, pausing before adding on, "She's done something to Evie's mind as well."

I scoff, readying myself to argue, but he shushes me instantly, "Don't bother lying, I've noticed how you keep staring at your hand as if it is the most repulsive thing you've ever seen." My eyes widen... I thought I was being discreet. Stupid, attention paying, over-reactive hybrid.

"She wants to talk. Perhaps we should listen?" Elijah says, running his fingers across the piano keys next to him.

" ENOUGH!" Klaus shouts, furious as Elijah vanishes into thin air, disapperating...

"The petty illusions, Esther! Where is Elijah?" Klaus snaps.

"He's preoccupied at the moment. I'm helping him find his way. But, not to worry, I'll return him to you. All I ask is that you hear me out. And as for your wife, that is a mystery- even to me..."

"You're lying." Klaus snaps, his voice calmer than before but still accusing. Esther merely shakes her head, a 'sad' look flooding her features.

"Please hear me out." Esther continues, desperate as Klaus grips my hand tighter, as i protecting me from anything that Esther's gaze may inflict. His protectiveness is cute.