22: Meeting Luke

Dedicating to @Aardell , @Familygirl26 and @Thanikies who were voting and commenting on some of my chapters and also interested to find out what happen next.

I've listened to many truths. Some truths humor me, break me, makes me happy. And this truth from Blake fallen into one of those category, which I think you can guess which one is under by now. I couldn't believe it with my own ears, my own eyes, my whole existence. Using his words, he looked so healthy and still does look like it. How could a perfect man like him deserve this sad fate? I just can't believe it!

" W-what? H-hhow? " I stammered in bewilderment. 

" I just got it a few years ago. " He answered, adding on. " 3 years ago. " 

" What type? " I asked quietly, still overwhelmed by the fact that Blake Riley has cancer. 

" Kidney. " He deadpanned. I flinched in surprise and he noticed it. He took a step forward and place a lingering kiss on my cheek. All the blood suddenly runs up to my cheeks, feeling hot and flushed. He chuckled at my reaction and grabbed my hand. " But. " My head that was down perked up in curiosity of what he had to say. 

" I can save myself if I can find a matching donor for my kidney. " When these words came out of his mouth, I can actually feel the air was knocked out of me. I thought we both can survive this together, if you get what I mean. But he had a chance to live again. 

" Have you found any donor yet then? " I asked again, trying to sound stronger this time but my voice came out strained, as if in pain. 

" No, not yet. My doc say it's a very rare chance to have matching donors for cancer. But oh well, I better wait than to let the opportunity escape. " Blake shrugged and I smiled faintly. 

I mean, I am happy that he's going to be alive after all of this. I would be the only one... The thought of him having the chance to live happily. The thought of him finding a girl that'll make his life complete. The thought of him growing out a family of his own, having a daughter or a son and a lovely wife, running towards to him when he step foot into the house after work, receiving kisses and hugs. The thought of having to grow old with the ones he love. 

He will be completed in flesh while I am going to be the one watching him from above, in... air. I swallowed the lump that is forming at the back of my throat and regained my composure, and found my voice. " Well, that's great. " I said happily. I'm happy for him, I truly am. But I'm not going to let these negative thoughts of mine to bring down his happiness, for his future. I might as well enjoy all the time I have left, rather than to just sitting in my room, drowning in sadness. My mom wouldn't want that, hell, no one would've want that. His voice cut off all my thoughts. 

" When's your treatment? " Blake suddenly asked, his face showing no signs of suspect. 

" This Saturday. " I answered. His cheeks were a tinge pink and his ears are flushing with redness. He is blushing. 

" What? " I try to keep myself from letting the smile play on my mouth. I swear I can almost feel the edge of my lips twitch. Almost is the keyword. 

" W-well. I was wondering.. If I could come with you and after that, Iwouldliketotakeyououtforlunch. "  He said quickly, still blushing. He must've thought that I wouldn't catch that. Blake wants to take me out?! He is so cute when he blushes. 

" Come again? I didn't quite get that. " I teased. He glared at me and I shrugged innocently. 

" I would like to take you out for lunch after your chemo. " He repeated, but more slower. " If you are okay w-with it, that is. If you're not th- " I silenced his ramble by giving him a quick peck on his lips. " You speak too much. " I grinned ear to ear. He was surprised, but soon cover it up with a smirk. And surprising me, he stole a kiss by placing a lingering kiss on my lips. I gaped at him with accusing eyes.