25: Awake

Blake's POV

It's been 3 days. 

3 days, she have not woke up ever since she went into the ER. Should I be worried? Should I be happy that she's at least breathing right now? I gently hold her pale hand as I sat next to her. I brought her hand to my lips, hoping my breathe would warm her up. Her rhythmic flow of her heartbeat beeping on the monitor is the only sound that surrounds the both of us, and our breathing of course. 

I hear the door click, I pull my mouth away from her hand and snap my head towards the door. The boys entered in, not empty-handed, but with flowers and gummy bears that Jade always love. I sadly smiled at them, and they smiled as well. Andy hasn't been sleeping well, it seems that Jade's situation has been affecting him. I knew that Andy treat Jade like his sister, the one that he always wanted. He always wished that he have older sister or younger sister since he is the only child, and us as brothers. Jade and the boys are the only ones he have when his parents always frequently went out to work. 

He walked over to the other side of the bed and looked at Jade. He reluctantly sat down on the spare seat and took in her right hand. Rubbing her hand, providing her warmth. I smiled. We both made eye contact, his lips twitch upwards but it doesn't reach his eyes. 

Ryder came towards me and place his hand on shoulder. " She's going to wake up soon, trust me. " My eyes start to burn and my chest feels heavy as if there's a weight on it. I stopped myself from breaking down because I've experienced it before. 

Another hand placed on my shoulder, I looked to my left and see James. " Go and have some rest. You have not slept, you need some sleep. " I shook my head stubbornly and he sighed. " Don't make me call Asher to kick your ass.. " 

It seems that only Asher could kick me out of this room, because he is Jade's brother. And speaking of the devil, he shall come. He look bad, out of all of us. His brown eyes are dull, heavy eye bag can be seen, his lips are chapped and his head is disheveled. He placed the bouquet of lilies on the table next to Jade's bed. 

" Hey, guys. " Ash greeted us, his voice cracked. William gave him a side hug, so did the others except for me and Andy. Andy has been playing with Jade's fingers as he stared at it longingly. " Go take a shower and sleep. I will call you if she wakes up. " Asher commanded. I nodded my head and looked back at him. "When she wakes up. " I corrected with a small smile. I walked out of the door and see Mr Williams and Mr Anderson talking, probably about Jade's situation. I gave them a curt nod and they gave me one back. 

I solemnly walk back to the car park and get into William's range rover. My car was still back at Jade's place. I silently drove but I can't help to think about the pain my chipmunk is facing. I've experienced it before and it's not the most pleasant experience. You will get lost in your thoughts, screaming for help in darkness but no one is there for you. I felt something warm on my cheeks and I realized I was crying. I sniffled and shakily rub my fallen tears with my sleeve. 

What it seems to be like a 15 minutes drive to my house, I got out of the car and knocked the door. I forgot the key. Someone opened the door, and it's Ethan. His hair is no longer short, but more of a quiff, saying how he wants to be like me. He looked at me sadly, and I gave him a shake of head, indicating Jade's not awake yet. He opened the door wider, allowing me to let me in. " Oh Blake sweety.. " My mom said from the top of the stairs as she came down. She gave me hug which I gladly receive. " Are you feeling alright? Have you slept? Have you eaten? " She fired me with questions and I shook my head. Before she could protest my behavior, dad cut in.

" Who is it, honey? " We briefly made eye contact and nodded to the direction of his office. I nodded and removed myself from mom's embrace. I followed him up to the stairs and went into his office that's just across my parent's bedroom. He closed the door and I took a sit, looking at the floor.