23: Saturday

* WARNING: LOTS OF KISSING*

I look up at the huge glass building right in front of me. 

NorthWest Hospital

Suddenly, my breathing is rapid. Asher who came quickly by my side, was able to calm my breathing. I was about to have a panic attack. The actual fact that I'm diagnosed with cancer is getting real right now. I placed my hand over my chest and gently rubbed the area where my heart is located, soothing my fast-pumping heart.

Blake told me that he will be reaching in ten minutes time through text, I didn't mind. 

 We walked into the entrance of the hospital. The smell of medicine and metal was the first thing that hit me in the nose, making me want to slightly vomit. The cold air from the room made my skin filled with goose bumps, making me slightly shiver. I've never really liked hospitals. 

This is it. 

My first chemotherapy. 

Asher accompanied me to the reception counter. A nurse who was currently looking through dozen of documents, looked up to us with a kind smile. She looks pretty young for a nurse, about the age of 20 or younger. She has hazel brown hair and brown eyes that fit her feminine face perfectly. She look gorgeous. I smiled back at her. 

" Good morning. How can I help you? " Her voice sounds so sweet. 

" U-uh... I have chemo appointed for today. " I answered. 

" Name? " She kindly asked again. 

" Jade Williams. " She typed something into the computer. And a few seconds later, she looked up again. " Your chemotherapy will start in 15 minutes. You can go ahead to the third floor, and turn left to the first door and wait. Dr Anderson is preparing right now. " She says with a yet again, kind smile.  " And how is this man relating to you? " She added, her eyes flickered to Asher. 

" He's my brother. He's accompanying me today. " I answered. Asher gave her slight nod of acknowledgement with a smile. The nurse smiled back, her cheeks have a tinge of pink. Oh, I see how it is. I smirked looking at the both of them. I thanked her and we're now waiting in the elevator. 

" So.. " Asher looked at me. " Are you nervous? " 

Am I nervous? I am ecstatic! Note the sarcasm. Of course I'm freaking nervous, it's my first treatment, sort of,  after all. 

" Hell yeah, I am! I almost had a panic attack, didn't I? " I shakily responded. Asher raised both of his hands in surrender and I nervously laugh. " Hey, it's going to be fine.. " Asher comforted, which worked well. I gave him a grateful smile and I got a boyish grin in return.

*ding* The elevator door opened, I looked up at the elevator screen, indicating it's the third level, both of us got out. I turned left like the kind nurse instructed me to, and reached the first door. Outside the door have a few chairs, so we sat down, waiting for the 15 minutes to pass. Slowly, I find my eyes close and drift to another world. 

Time pass~

I opened my eyes and blinked, getting used to the bright light. Where am I? Oh, I am at the hospital for chemo. I carelessly yawn and I find a pair of familiar eyes looking down at me. And that's when I realize it, I fell alseep on his shoulders.

" Blake? When did you get here? " I asked tiredly, reluctantly lifting myself off his comfortable strong shoulder while rubbing my eyes. Even when we sat down, he still have to look down at me. I feel short. He smiles at me and I stare at him blankly. " I've reached here 10 minutes ago, like I promised. " I chuckle nervously. " So I've been sleeping on your shoulder ever since? " I mumbled, still tired from my nap. He shook his head and pointed to Asher talking to a man at a corner, who I might assume is Dr Anderson, Ryder's father.