Chapter 24

Layla's POV

I fill in my entry form and hand it to the office lady, she takes it and after a few moments, she hands me my timetable, which is pretty much the same as it was before.

"Thank you." I walk back towards Kaleb and Donald. "Hey I got the..." I trail off, as I listen to their conversation.

"What texts?" Donald asks, confused.

"You were texting me yesterday remember?" Kaleb asks, awkwardly.

"No I-" he cuts off short, before slowly moving his head to look at me.

"Layla..." He glares at me.

"What?" I ask, feigning confusion.

"What happened?"

"You did this didn't you?"

"Did what?"

He glares at me, and I finally burst out laughing, shaking my head.

"Wait...so it wasn't you who was sending me flirty texts?" Kaleb asks cautiously. "Cuz–"

"No it wasn't me." Donald cuts him off, clearly embarrassed.

Kaleb lets out a breath. "Thank God." He mutters and Donald gives him a hard look.

Kaleb puts his arms up in surrender. "You should of seen the texts she was sending me.." he defends, pointing his thumb at me, and I bite back a smirk.

When Donald looks at me I quickly look away.

I watch him fish his phone out from his pocket and my eyes widen slightly.
His lips move in sync as he reads the texts and his eyes widen, his brows furrowed as he reads certain parts.

I slowly turn around, ready to make a run for it. I crane my neck to look at him once more to see him glaring right at me.

I got to get to class." I say, before I quickly walk away, when I'm a good mile away I let out a breath when suddenly I bash into someone. Hard. Causing me to fall onto the ground.

"Watch where you're going bitch." I hear a familiar voice.

I look up and roll my eyes, it's Heidi's best friend, Thalia.

I lift myself off the ground and face her. She has deep red hair, with green eyes. Her face is caked with makeup and she's wearing tight shorts, with a white crop top.

"Sorry." I shrug, turning around.

"Wait." She calls and I stop, not turning around.

"Yeah?"

"I heard you got disowned."

Oh for fucks sake.

I can't see her face, but a smirk is evident in her tone.

"Okay." I say bluntly, as I begin to walk again.

"It must be hard." She carries on, her voice following me, I roll my eyes.

The hallway begins to quieten down, as people begin to stick their nose in this one sided conversation.

I continue to walk, completely ignoring her.

Fricking attention seeker.

"–Knowing your own family doesn't want–"

Rolling my eyes, I turn around which caught her off guard and she stumbled backwards a bit.

"Okay." I say flatly. "You done?"

She smirks. "You–"

"Thalia." A deep voice comes from behind us.