Chapter 81

So sorry for the extreme lateness for this update. Took the time off for exams, and because of writers block, but I guess the more I didn't write, the more extreme the writer block became, oops. But here it is, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Oh and feel free to recap before reading, wouldn't be surprised if some of y'all forgotten anything after almost two months lol.

~~~~

Layla's POV

After the busy day we had today, I snoozed off to sleep right after crashing into bed in just a tank and the elf bottoms. Luca had went off to drop Matt off, but not even an hour later my beautiful sleep was ruined by loud knocking from the door.

I groan as my droopy eyes peel open, as I move over to my side. That must be him back then.

I sit up on bed, my eyes landing on the clock that showed it was only three in the morning.

He's pretty early considering all the lengthy father meetings he has with Matt's father, who's actually made a surprise visit home for a couple of days, so I don't blame him.

As I'm descending the stairs I almost jump out of my skin when the door busts open, my heart practically lunging in my throat as a splitting scream escapes from my lips.

I hear a grunt at the door before silent greets me.

"...Luca?" I take another step down and gasp when my eyes land on who it is.

Killian.

His eyes are narrowed on me, tinted with anger and question as they trail up and down my rigid form, I didn't have time to feel embarrassed about what I was wearing.

Because as my eyes trail from his bloodied lip, to the scattered red blotches on his jeans and shirt- my heart begins to beat faster all over again.

I finish descending the stair as I open my mouth and say. "What happened?"

He responds with a grunt as he begins to pull his blazer off, dropping it to the ground, my eyes following his movements until they land on his bloodied knuckles.

He got into a fight.

Seriously? Even on Christmas day?

I sigh, shaking my head. "The first aid kit is..." I trail off when a whiff of beer enters my nose. My eyes go up, meeting his slightly glazed eyes.

"Y-You're-"

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" He just cuts me off, his voice gruff.

I blink a few times, frowning. "You literally broke the door open, how can you expect me to sleep through that?"

"From what I recall, you tend to sleep through anything." He pushes past me, causing me to stumble to the side.

I roll my eyes, sighing as I run a hand over my tired face.

Killian's POV

I begin to ascend the stairs, as I head into Luca's room but to my dismay I find it empty.

Where is he?

I narrow my eyes, shaking my head as I pull my phone out from my pocket, taking a seat on his bed as I begin to dial his number but it goes straight to voicemail.

I release a grunt digging my hands into my hair, as my bloodshot eyes fall shut.

Soon I hear light footstep come toward me and I open my eyes, lazily. Only to be greeted with Layla's small form, a first aid box in her hands.