13.0 《girls only》

October 9, 2016 (continued from chapter 12.0)
××

I grab most of the stuff I need for Koda at the pet store and start looking for the last item when I hear a bird squawk. Koda leaps out of my arms, running towards the noise.

"Koda! Bad boy! Come back here!" I say, chasing after him.

When I turn the corner, I see a guy petting Koda. "Sorry about that." I apologize with a laugh. I noticed he is holding a vlog camera.

"It's all good." The guy laughs, looking up. Logan Paul.

"Oh- it's you. I've seen your videos. I'm Jake's brother, Logan. I saw you on his vlogs and all he talks about is your sister." Logan explains.

"Lizzie does the same thing. I'm Hailey." I stick my hand out for him to shake. He takes it and shakes my hand.

"This is Maverick, the Savage bird." Logan points the camera at me so I wave.

"This is Koda. My boyfriend got him for me today." I explain.

"He's so cute! Aren't you boy?" He talks in a baby voice and pets Koda.

Suddenly, the bird flies onto my shoulder, causing me to jump a little. I laugh nervously.

"Looks like Maverick likes you." He chuckles.

"Well, I have to get going. Here, put your number in." I suggest, handing him my phone. He gives me his and I type my number in.

"Well, see you later!" I walk to the register with Koda's leash in my hand and the supplies I have to buy in the other.

×××

"Sup, dude bros!" I shout, walking into the boy's apartment with Koda who is currently wearing his new bow tie I got him today.

Nobody answers so I just guess that they are either sleeping or somewhere else.

I get a text so I go sit on the couch with Koda.

Liza:
Gabbie, David, and I will be at the apartment soon! On our way.

Hailey:
K! I'm already here. Is Alex home?

Liza:
David says he is.

I put Koda on the ground. "Go find daddy!" I encourage him with a high-pitched voice. He runs into Dom and Alex's room so I follow him.

He jumps on the bed Alex is sleeping on and starts licking his face. I laugh uncontrollably.

Alex walks up with a grin on his face as he sits up and puts the puppy on his lap.

"Hey, Babe." Alex says, leaning over and planting a kiss on my lips.

"Hey, the girls and David are coming over soon. Might want to get dressed." I laugh and call the dog to follow me.

-
Alex watches Hailey leave the bedroom.

"How could I get so lucky?" He thinks.
-

I walk out to the kitchen and look for something to eat. I search through the cabinets when I feel my phone vibrate on my pocket.

Kristen:
I'm 10 minutes away, boo.

Hailey:
kk, boo

I find a piece of candy, turn on the TV, and sit on the couch with Koda. A minute or two later, Alex comes out of his room and sits next to me. He puts his arm around my shoulders. I play around on my phone. I scroll through the comments and my heart sinks. I think Alex notices.

"We need to talk." He says, turning off the TV.

"Hey! I was watching that." I whine. He ignores me. "What's wrong?" I nervously ask.