4.3

" The healthy man does not torture others. Generally, it is the tortured who turn into torturers. "

Carl Jung

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

4.3 ; MEMORIES.

        "OFFICE OF UNFETTER OMNISCENCE speaking. Penelope Garcia is in," the technical analyst chimed in through the phone pressed against Caroline's ear. "Speak, oh fortunate one."

"Garcia, it's Caroline. Can you get into the phone repair records in San Diego?"

As she talked into the phone, Gideon and her walked swiftly to their parked car outside of Brenda Samms' house. She glanced up at the grey sky, where some rays of sun were starting to peak through the oblique clouds above her. It looked as if the universe knew she was close to catching The Tommy Killer and decided to finally swing her way for once.

"Sunshine...I can run CentCom from here and still participate in simultaneous Tetris tournaments."

She smiled, "Of course you can. I'm looking for repairmen cross-referenced with the murders in San Diego. It could be as much as four or five days prior. See if there are any common name."

"Total cake. Stay on the line."

She tapped her foot impatiently against the concrete as she heard the soft tapping of Garcia's hands running across her keyboard. Her heart was pounding in her chest now, and she couldn't tell if it was because she was nervous or anxious.

There had to be something on the unsub, they didn't have much time left in the morning to save the next victim. Caroline had to save this next victim. She just had to.

Not even a minute later, Garcia came back on the line, sounding more than happy, "Oh, sugarplum, your genius amazes me."

"Garcia, what do you have for me? Something good, I'm assuming."

"Something better than good, Care-bear. I have a name."

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

Gideon slammed on the breaks as he spotted the white and blue work-truck parked in the middle of street. Caroline's body flew forward in her seat, the seatbelt restraining and constricting against her body to hold her in place. As Gideon and her leaped out of the car, she prayed that Franklin Graney was nearby.

After she had gotten the unsub's name from Garcia, Caroline had called Morgan and Reid to check out the phone line repair company that Franklin worked at. Not long after, Morgan called back and gave her a location—the neighborhood where she had been watching, waiting, for the unsub.