Chapter 25

Zane's POV

I woke slowly, my mind still fuzzy from sleep. I quickly noticed that I'd shifted wolf in the night, though I didn't mind. It felt safer for me to be in that form rather than my vulnerable human form. I attempted to sit up, though I quickly noticed the feeling of something wrapped around my furry body.

I glanced down, my bright blue and red eyes landing on the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. It was Kayla, a peaceful look on her face. My wolf was jumping with joy, but the human side of me felt angry. I pushed myself to my paws, snarling at the sleeping form on my bed. I shifted human, putting on some clothing. My eyes never left her sleeping form, happiness and anger in a constant war within my eyes.

I shook my head aggressively, trying to calm my warring sides. I left the room, wanting to be away from her. My wolf called out in protest, fighting his way to control, yearning to lay by her side and snuggle up against her. I let out a roar of anger and confusion, going to my knees as my hands went to my head. My head was spinning, constantly switching between me and my wolf.

I hear a fearful leap in the hearts of everyone in the house, knowing instantly that they'd been awakened by me. One heart beat reached my ears above all others, so much so that I could almost feel her cursing. I pushed myself to my feet, hating the weak state I was in.

It wasn't natural for me to feel this way, not after I'd left this wretched place. I stumbled out of the house, only to collapse in the front yard, gripping my head. I let out another roar, one that signaled a forced shift. These always hurt, and I would probably attack anything in sight.

I felt two sets of hands on me, trying to move me to a secure area. I snapped at them, managing to catch one of them in my sharpening teeth. Within seconds I was wolf, my eyes filled with fear and anger. I snapped my eyes to the two who'd been touching me, spotting Kayla and Aria. Aria was clutching her hand, a thin stream of blood running down her arm.

I felt a small sense of regret, but it was overrun by the other two emotions, which were controlling me during my forced shift. Not even Lyall was there to help me through this. No matter what I told myself, I felt like I was being hunted down, which angered me to no end.

Without any thoughts against it, I started stalking towards the two females in front of me, my wolf not even there to protest. I didn't take the time to think about why he wasn't there. I was ready for blood, and I would get it, no matter who it belonged to.

Kayla tried to move closer, the mate bond making her see passed the pissed off wolf in front of her. Aria's eyes widened as she grabbed Kayla's shoulder's, pulling her back.

"Kayla, snap out of it! He'll kill you of you move any closer!"

She spoke harshly, her voice full of fear. She'd never seen me like this, but by the blood thirsty look on my face, she knew what I planned to do. She knew better than to run as well, which was obvious why. If she did, I would just chase them down and kill them anyway.

Both of them glanced to the other, nodding slightly before they both shifted. The rest of the pack was no where to be seen, probably having been told by Kayla to stay away. I stood my ground, a constant rumble going through my body. Kayla stood her ground with Aria, though she knew better than to try to show dominance. That wouldn't be the best idea.

Aria's POV

Absolute fear coursed through my veins. The sight of Zane had me wanting to turn and run with my tail between my legs. I never took my eyes off the huge mass of rage in front of me, knowing better. I could sense the obvious concern from Kayla, who just wanted to go over and hug him, calm him down.

I wouldn't let her, seeing that it was Zane in control, not his wolf. Which meant that he would most likely attack anything that came near him. Even if I hadn't really knew this version of Zane, I learned quickly. That was required of an omega, especially now that I was one of the only ones.

I didn't know how long we would be here, or if he would actually attack. If he did, I needed to prepare both myself and Kayla, knowing we would need to take him down. I wouldn't be much help, but I would do what I had to in order to help my best friend.

I felt the air sting the wound on my paw, which I had uncovered after the bleeding had stopped. It hadn't been anything serious, and the bleeding had stopped quickly. The thing that hurt me the most was that he snapped at me. He'd looked like he was in pain, and me and Kayla had only gone out to help.

Neither of us knew what a danger he had been in that moment. I heard a snarl, snapping me from my memories. I glanced at Kayla, sending a rather bad plan to her, knowing she would filter out flaws and resend it back. That was just how her mind worked.

Within seconds she'd sent back a better plan, one that would lessen the chances of either of us getting killed or seriously injured. The only problem was following through with it.

Without any sort of warning, Zane leapt at Kayla, his teeth bared.

Hello hello! I just wanted to say a quick thank you for reading my books! You guys are my motivation to keep writing this story, even if the updates are rather slow. Thanks once again!

-Deamun