Chapter 29- "Damn girl, you really are a Luna"

*Please vote! <3*

It all happened so fast, though in my eyes, it was as if everything was in slow motion.

One moment Mr. DeSilva had a gun pointed in my direction with a wicked adrenaline-filled gleam in his sharp violet eyes and the next moment there was a large figure jumping in front of me. The sound of loud gunshots cracked deafeningly through the air. I couldn't fathom what was happening, my head was spinning. 

My eyes flitted over to Alex who had transformed instantly. His light golden brown wolf was unnaturally massive and his scent was drenched in power, and in that moment, my heart had sped up rapidly-- Not for the fear of Alex's safety, but the realization of who had jumped in front of me, shielding me from the bullets.

Alex pounced on Mr. DeSilva, fiercely wrestling the gun out of his hand and sinking his canines into his arm. The sound of his vicious growls were overpowered by my ear-splitting scream. A few meters away from me laid a trembling Dominic. To my horror, he was in a small pool of his -own blood and his black shirt seemed to be soaked. 

"Someone call an ambulance!" I cried out. Arizona whipped out her cell phone and ferociously dialed 911, her eyes frantically taking in the commotion. For once, panic had overcome her typically serene eyes. 

I rushed over to Dominic with tears already pooling in my eyes.

God damn it! Stay strong for him, I thought. 

As I crouched down beside him, not caring about the fresh blood on the dried grass, I noticed that Dominic's alluring gray eyes were full of raw pain. 

Never in my life had I seen him like this, and no matter what we had been through, it hurt me to see my childhood best friend and first love suffering horrendously right in front of my eyes. 

"Dom, I'm here," I choked out, holding onto his hand which was unnervingly cold. 

"Dee," he rasped. "I'm glad you've found someone that makes you happy." He coughed up some blood and my heart pounded louder with every passing second.

"Shut up, Dom, we're getting you to the hospital. You're fine," I reassured him as steadily as I could. It was clear that neither of us believed it. His hand in mine was growing colder every second and the pull inside of me was twisting agonizingly.  

Dominic was dying right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it. In that moment, I didn't care what he had put me through because no one deserved to die alone. 

He gripped my hand tighter and opened his mouth. "Dee, I love you, okay? Please forgive me, I'm so sorry," he sputtered. The pull inside of me was getting worse every second and my blood ran cold; The mate pull was dying along with him. 

No, this isn't real, I thought, tears sliding down my cheeks as Dominic stared at me in his frail state. It wasn't supposed to end like this.

"I may not love you as I did when I was sixteen, but I do love you. You were the best friend anyone could ever ask for. You're my fucking childhood Dom. I can't. . I can't lose you now," I whispered. I was pleading with him not to leave, not just yet. He was only so young. 

"Don't be afraid, Dee, what we had will never change," he replied in a hoarse voice. I could feel my heart ripping as Dominic smiled genuinely, the smile that made me fall in love with him in the first place. A smile I hadn't seen in years. I stroked his black hair gently as my warm tears slid from my cheeks to his exposed skin.

The pull that yanked inside of me was by far the worst one yet and I started shaking when Dom's gray eyes slowly became dull.

"I-I forgive you, Dom," I whispered.