Chapter 14

a/n. I have been thinking... Yes I know, it is dangerous for me to do that but it might be good or bad. Really depends on how you look at it. Anyway, I actually have a completed storyline as to how I wanted this to end, but then I was like, I haven't actually written many stories where our beloved little mc is actually happy with our yandere. So I have been thinking on changing the storyline. Now, nothins been set in stone so it might be a while until I figure that out. Update will be slower in comparison to my other two but it will be updated. Now on to the story!

Vishnal calls for a maid to draw a bath for you and as you are cleaning yourself, you think back to the party. He isn't a bad person. He is nice to you and he did defend you even though it might come back to bite him later on. It was clear you were going to have to wait a year to actually get what you wanted. So maybe instead of trying to avoid him like the plague, maybe you can try to be friends with him and slowly get him to understand your view point.

You had gotten out of the bath and you hear shouting. The Evans were getting into a fight. You didn't want to deal with the banter knowing you would have to the next time you saw them and so you stayed in the bathroom. You strained your ears to hear what they are saying.

"She came from a good family Vishnal. You humiliated her!" Duchess Evans screams.

"Ah yes, because every good girl throws wine at another." Vishnal retorts. "If anything, she set herself up for this. It is her own fault. F/n didn't do anything wrong."

"This wouldn't have happened if you just separated from the girl." Duke Evans says in response. "She made her feelings clear. She doesn't love you. And yet here you are, still trying to keep her here."

"It would be more easier for all of us if you saw things through my perspective." You could hear Vishnal trying to keep a steady voice. "Why are you guys trying so hard to put me in an unhappy marriage? Do you think I want to be like you two?"

"Vishnal-"

"No. I still have a year to win her over to me. I will not let you stand in my way." You hear his foot steps become faint along with his parents. Once you know they are gone, you head back to your room. You see Vishnal is there waiting for you. "You look much better now." he smiles at you.

"Wish I felt the same. My hair still smells like wine." you say pulling at one of your strands. "I am going to need to wash it thoroughly tomorrow."

"I am sorry. If I knew she was going to do something like that I would of-"

"Don't apologize. You weren't in the wrong. If anything I was the one who set her off." You sit down next to him. You see that he still has a pained look on his face. "Thank you." you say quietly. He turns to you surprised.

"What?"

"You defended me. That is something I never expected anyone to do for me."

"Anyone would want to defend the ones they love." You turn to Vishnal.

"Look. I still want to join The Order but, since I know I am going to have to wait a whole year before being able to actually do anything about it, I guess I can be less antagonizing to you." Vishnal smiles before hugging you.

"Thank you F/n." Once he releases you, he begins talking. "You do know you can do things for The Order as my wife. You still can still be a part of it, even if it isn't official.

"You don't get it. I hate being a part of the high society. Being an official member means I don't have to deal with it any longer."

"Which is why I am here to protect you. I understand your anger but you have to understand I can't let you go." You remain silent and picks up your hands. "When the year ends, I promise you, you will understand that I can and will help and protect you."

a/n. I am looking back to all my works and I am cringing. Real life me is not so romantic and yet here I am....

I need new hobbies.