Chapter 16

You don't know how or why, but you were in an open field with Vishnal. You were glaring at him for tricking you.

"You said this would be a small outing. You never said anything about horses." you say huffily. Vishnal had told you, he wanted to go on a walk with you. You had declined but since he was so adamant you went along with it. When you arrived, you saw a brown horse.

"I understand you are scared, but I will be holding the reigns so nothing bad will happen."

"I wonder." you say sarcastically.

"Doesn't The Order have horses. You have to get use to it eventually." He wasn't wrong. After contemplating for a moment you speak up.

"You better not let go." you say as you march to the horse. You knew Vishnal was smiling. A servant who seemed to be around fourteen was waiting by the horse. When he sees you getting close he bows.

"Your horse milady." he tells you. The closer you got to the horse, the slower you walked. You were scared that you might fall off or even get trampled. You felt your hand being squeezed and see that Vishnal is holding it.

"I won't let anything happen to you." he smiles. You don't return but is in front of the horse. "Before you start riding, you should relax around her first okay." With Vishnal telling you what to do, you become more and more relaxed until eventually you feel calm enough to start riding. The servant puts on the  saddle of the horse. You try to get up on your own but struggle. "Need help?" Vishnal asks you.

As much as you wanted to say no, you said yes. If you didn't, you would continue to make a fool of yourself. Vishnal help you up on the horse and soon holds the reigns. You go on a slow but steady pace and you find yourself adjusting as well.

"I will admit. This is fun." you say. Vishnal smiles at you. 

"I wouldn't make you do something I know you wouldn't love." you laugh out loud. You and Vishnal begin talking about other things and there are times he does make you laugh. It was during one of those moment you accidentally kick the horse.

The horse bucks and you hold on for dear life. Vishnal tries to calm her down but it is all for naught. His grip on the reigns loosen and the horse takes off.

"F/n!" he screams as you are carried away by the horse. You didn't know what to do. The horse was galloping too fast and you tried to stop her but she wouldn't. You tried to calm yourself. Panicking would make the situation worse. You were given two options. To stay on or to jump. If you were to stay on, you might get thrown off later or end up in an unfamiliar place. If you jumped, you would risk injury but you would still be within reach of Vishnal.

Bracing yourself, you let go of the reigns and jump. You land on the ground hard and yell in pain. Your legs felt numb and the pain was increasing. The horse gallops away and you are on the ground. You lie there trying to ignore the pain. You eventually hear yelling. Vishnal.

"I am here!" you shout. Vishnal runs up to you and tries to help you up but you cry out in pain. He holds you close.

"I am so sorry F/n. I am so sorry." he whispers. You could see how close he was to tears. "Bear with the pain a little longer F/n." Before you can ask, he lifts you up and you grimace. He then carries you home with the servant following behind.