Chapter 1.

Liu Yifei was entering her car after a succesful business deal. She couldn't wait to head home and take Xiǎo Qiú out for dinner. Thinking about Xiao Qiu, she couldnt help but feel excited to hug the cat waiting for her at home.

She had lived with Xiao Qiu over the years in her own apartment complex. She would take him out often, to eat at restaurants, shop at malls or even just drive around and watch the stars at night. They would always eat at restaurants especially after special ocassions such as succesful business deals. She pampered the cat to death. Aside from money, Xiao Qiu is her happiness.

Just as she was about to enter her car, she felt a sharp pain in her back as a man in a dark suit hurriedly went in and started the engine.

"This is carnapping in broad daylight!" She thought to herself as she was left for dead.

"I'm sorry Xiao Qiu, mommy won't be able to go home."

Thinking about the cat waiting for her at her doorstep, Yifei couldn't help but cry.

She really wanted to live but she was slowly losing consciousness.

"God, please dont let my qiuqiu starve to death."

Muttering her last words, Liu Yifei closed her eyes.

__________________________________
Xiǎo Qiú - Little Ball